FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas 13 is crashing when I click render

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nasser Daoud
Vegas 13 is crashing when I click render
on Dec 8, 2014 at 8:28:47 am

I have Vegas pro 13. Recently Vegas started to stop working right after I click the format I want. At first going back to Vegas 12 worked. Then my laptop had a major issue. All my data was gone but I was able to recover it all. I had to re-install windows 10 tech preview and re-install everything. So that means everything is fresh and you'd think Vegas 13 would be fixed BUT no. It still crashes. On top of that Vegas 12 now does the same thing. I tried Vegas 11 but I can't even get that to install due to .net installation errors which that I don't know how to fix.

So I tried exporting the .veg to Adobe premiere BUT Premiere CC crashes when importing a file. Went down to Premiere cs6 and it says invalid sequences or something like that which I don't know how to fix either.

I COMPLETELY uninstalled both Vegas 13 and 12 and re-installed. Still crashes as well as the export feature is know not working anymore.

I don't know if it's a software thing I installed that could cause all these problems but I need help.

My PC specs:

1.90GHz 3rd generation Intel Core i7-3517U Processor with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.00GHz
Memory 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM (2 DIMM)
Video Graphics Intel HD graphics 4000

Vegas did have these problems once before but I don't remember how I fixed it. Maybe something in the bios settings? I forget.

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
Re: Vegas 13 is crashing when I click render
on Dec 8, 2014 at 10:04:24 am

Have the same issue with Vegas 13. Sony Vegas Support suggested a clean install from a new admin account.
First uninstall, then root through regedit for any vegas entries, finally instal Vegas with a new admin account on windows. You can remove the account when finished.
Russ froze

Return to posts index

Nasser Daoud
on Dec 8, 2014 at 10:32:53 pm

That didn't work.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Dec 9, 2014 at 1:31:26 am

Did you follow the steps listed in this guide from Sony?
Clean Uninstall and Reinstall Instructions for Windows 7 (64-bit Editions)

Return to posts index

Nasser Daoud
on Dec 9, 2014 at 1:33:39 am

Yes I did. And no dice.

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
on Dec 9, 2014 at 1:00:28 pm

He's using Windows 10 beta, so my guess is that Vegas just doesn't work on it yet.

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Dec 9, 2014 at 4:23:36 pm

[Nasser Daoud] "windows 10 tech"

Yes well since it a beta version of the OS one would lay fault there. Take it to the dev team at MS it is their folly.
Russ froze

Return to posts index

Nasser Daoud
on Dec 9, 2014 at 6:04:41 pm

Actually it's not because it was working before on win 10. Then stooped working after I refreshed windows and re-installed everything. Could there be a log file that is somewhere I can grab after it crashes?

Return to posts index

Nasser Daoud
on Dec 9, 2014 at 9:34:29 pm

Also here is a log of the exporting to premiere. Not exactly sure what it is saying or how to fix the error th log is giving me.

Deinterlace method ignored.
Motion blur type ignored.
Unexpected problem: System.Exception: Can not get framerate.
at VegasScripts.AEExporter.GetFrameRate(String vegasFrameRate)
at VegasScripts.AEExporter..ctor(String outputFile, Vegas vegas, Project project, LogCallback log, Action createUndoBlock, Action disposeUndoBlock)
at VegasScripts.ProjectInterchangeExporter.b__c(String outFile, Vegas vegas, Project project, LogCallback log, Action createUndoBlock, Action disposeUndoBlock)
at VegasScripts.ProjectInterchangeExporter.<>c__DisplayClass1d.b__1c(String outputFile, Project project)
at VegasScripts.ProjectInterchangeExporter.ExportProjectStep.ExportProjectStep_DoWork()
at Sony.MediaSoftware.Archive.SinglethreadStep.Run()
at Sony.MediaSoftware.Archive.Steps.NextStep()
Archiving complete.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]