FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture of an on-line database application for a training video...???

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve King
Capture of an on-line database application for a training video...???
on Dec 4, 2014 at 5:49:11 pm

I'm working on a training project for a client. The purpose is to familiarize a sales force with a new on-line information system where users can see and add to the information. When logged into their system, the screens are crisp and easily read. I captured a live training session with Camtasia. The problem is that in the captured video resolution of very fine print is very poor...; readable, but just barely. I'm looking for a way to improve. I even tried using SnipIt to capture from my monitor a few screens while I was logged into their system. That gave me a PNG picture, which looked pretty good, but, when brought to the time line, it was no better than the Camtasia capture. I've applied EFX Brightness & Contrast plus Sharpen, which helps... but not much. Does anyone have a magic bullet approach that can help this situation? Many thanks.

Steve K
Full time writer/director
Pt. Time Video Editor

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: Capture of an on-line database application for a training video...???
on Dec 4, 2014 at 6:31:42 pm

I would try a Windows screen capture pasted directly into Photoshop. Photoshop can then increase the resolution of the image, add contrast, etc. The image can then be cropped for the appropriate aspect ratio, and saved for use in Vegas. When I do this, I keep the pixel count high enough so that the saved image has twice the resolution of the Vegas project. I also save the image as a PNG although other formats can be used.

Return to posts index

Steve King
Re: Capture of an on-line database application for a training video...???
on Dec 5, 2014 at 12:03:29 am

I have solved my problem by downloading Mirillis.COM's Action screen capture program. It seems to have a much better result than Camtasia, which I was using before. Of course, there is also the possibility that the way I configured Camtasia had something to do with my earlier terrible results. Whatever, I am now using my original edit as a cue track to recreate my client's navigation of the on-line information program...mouse waving and data entry. Two modules down and two to go. Hoo Hah!

Steve K
Full time writer/director
Pt. Time Video Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]