FORUMS: list search recent posts

Holiday Bundle: Boris, Squeeze, and a Martini for $99 - Mac or Win

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Kutnick
Holiday Bundle: Boris, Squeeze, and a Martini for $99 - Mac or Win
on Dec 3, 2014 at 3:44:14 pm

Another software bundle on sale:

http://www.macvideopromo.com/products/holiday-bundle-boris-squeeze-and-a-ma...

I was told by the folks at Macviodeopromo.com that,

"The bundle includes the Boris Continuum Particles Unit, PowerProduction Martini, and Sorenson Squeeze Desktop Lite. The Boris Continuum Particles Unit and PowerProduction Martini are plug-ins that are compatible with Vegas Pro v13 (64-bit) - without any additional software. Squeeze Desktop Lite is a standalone application."

Again, this looks like a great deal, but I thought that as usual I would pass it by all of you experts and gurus before I even think about it seriously.

Advice, comments, reviews, ???...

Thank you in advance.

Rich Kutnick
VIDEO IMPRESSIONS

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
Re: Holiday Bundle: Boris, Squeeze, and a Martini for $99 - Mac or Win
on Dec 3, 2014 at 5:49:10 pm

1) BCC Particles unit is great
2) Martini - do you really need it? Watch demo: http://www.martiniquickshot.com/demo.php
3) Sorenson Squeeze Lite - yet another video converter with limited number of output formats :)

GoPro Hero Comparison

Return to posts index

Rich Kutnick
on Dec 3, 2014 at 5:53:06 pm

Okay, it's a bundle, so there MAY be excess baggage! So is $99 worth THE BUNDLE? For BCC Particles, at a minimum?

Rich Kutnick
VIDEO IMPRESSIONS

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Dec 3, 2014 at 6:00:31 pm

Yes, $99 is a very attractive offer, especially that BCC Particles costs $299

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Dec 3, 2014 at 6:44:17 pm

[Rich Kutnick] " is $99 worth THE BUNDLE?"

Hi Rich,
I already own Continuum Complete so I have no need for that. However it is a great suite for quickly creating all sorts motion graphics. If you don't own it it is worth the $99.00 alone.

I use story board quick to pre visualize shots, and camera angles. This is another PowerProduction Product. It is very useful to determine if you have the physical space to get the shot and what lenses to use before you are on site. Not to mention you can show actors, producers, camera operators, lighting people or anyone who needs to visually see the concept of the shot.

Even for something like a dance recital you can determine what to expect from your equipment. In my area I am not allowed to place my camera in the aisle due to fire regulations in a theater open to the general public. With the software I can set up the shot and show the customer what to expect. This usually ends up loosening the purse strings allowing me to hire a second or third shooter and / or rent extra gear needed for the venue. So yes even as a sales tool it is invaluable.

Sorenson squeeze is a really good compression unit, they have been in business for a long time. It's been a while since I needed to use the product though. Last time I used it was to encode flv format which Vegas did not encode. I have no current knowledge of the products features.

I don't know how you find these deals but keep em coming and thank you for the Graffiti tip, it works great in Vegas but for me it's the lower thirds templates that sealed the deal.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]