FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mixing Two Audios - Faster Render?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Lloyd
Mixing Two Audios - Faster Render?
on Dec 2, 2014 at 10:37:23 am

I record game footage and commentary (A 'Let's Play') and recently been playing with recording the commentary in Audacity and adding it into the video separately so I can tweak the commentary separate from the game audio. The recording process is fine, I even figured out an easy way to synch the two up, but when I went to encode this I found my render times a *lot* higher. A 1 hr video with commentary and game audio premixed by Fraps takes a couple of hours or a little bit longer to encode into Main Concept MP4 1600x900 30fps using a two pass method and CUDA. When I added in the second audio track it was closer to 3 and a half hours. I've even tried to preconvert, with Audacity, the commentary track to AAC, so Vegas wouldn't have to convert it, and no change. How do I reduce the rendering time down?

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: Mixing Two Audios - Faster Render?
on Dec 2, 2014 at 8:06:22 pm

I frequently render all audio in a project to a .wav file. I can then import the rendered file, and use it to replace all existing audio files. Initially, I simply null all of the existing files, but, once I am sure I do not need the original source files, I delete them from the system. That gives me one audio file to adjust and to go into the render process.

BTW, I have never seen an audio render take very much time, but, then again, I always render the audio and video separately for DVD Architect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]