FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mixing two videos with different frames per second

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Lee
Mixing two videos with different frames per second
on Dec 1, 2014 at 10:01:43 pm

I put video clips together of sports highlights. My film is 1920x1080x30, 29 frames per second.

I got some footage which is kind of weird. It's 1280x720x32, 23.976 frames per second. When I watch the footage using WMV, VLC, etc. on my PC, the action seems slightly speed up.

Is there a way to fix or convert that film? Because when I add it to my existing highlight that is 1920x1080x30, 29 fps, it has a lot of ghost effects and doesn't play smoothly.

Should I try to convert the weird footage? Or is there a way to make the odd footage work better with my highlight video that I'm making via SV?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Angelo Mike
Re: Mixing two videos with different frames per second
on Dec 1, 2014 at 10:21:53 pm

I've used these framerates together a lot, and I get best results when I set the project properties to 29.97 fps. Then, depending on which frame rate you're rendering out to, disable resample on the footage that isn't your output frame rate. So if I render out to 29.97 fps, I'll disable resample on all 23.976 fps footage on my timeline.

Return to posts index

John Lee
on Dec 1, 2014 at 11:23:17 pm

Thanks for the reply. I render out the timeline to 29.97, but am not that familiar with "disabling" resample on the 23.976 clips.

Can you walk me through it? Better yet, why does this 23.976 stuff look weird on a standalong basis? When I play the clips using VLC or something on my PC, the action seems somewhat sped up. Am I missing something? Would would anyone record to this format if it doesn't play right?

Return to posts index

Angelo Mike
on Dec 2, 2014 at 1:54:23 am

Vegas is trying to resample frames for a different frame rate, something it's not great at doing. Right click on the video event on the timeline, go to properties, then click "disable resample", and do this on every 23.976 fps video event.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]