on Nov 25, 2014 at 5:20:12 pm

Hi!
I just upgraded to a new computer I built:
Asus x99 Deluxe
i7 5820k
32 gig ram DDR4
GTX 970 graphics
win 7 Pro

I built it to speed up my rendering times. When I need to render I generally have lot of files - like this time.

Currently I have a project with 15 DVDs, going from Canon MFX format to mpg format.

Done this a bunch without any problems with an older Sandy Bridge i7 computer and Sony Vegas 12.

What is going on is that I'm getting a blank or black frame every so often. It is random. In a 8 minute section I counted 32 blank frame! Not acceptable.

Not sure if this is Vegas 13 or a computer issue. I just rendered the same section on the older computer with Vegas 12 and I could see no problems.

Any ideas of where the problem is?

Thanks in advance. James

James Redmond
Dynamic Videos, Inc.
Rogers, AR USA

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: rendering blank frame with Sony Vegas 13
on Nov 26, 2014 at 6:31:50 am

[James Redmond] "What is going on is that I'm getting a blank or black frame every so often. It is random. In a 8 minute section I counted 32 blank frame! Not acceptable."
James, count me in too. I use my Canon MXF Media. Is yours Interlace?

I was at the back-end of a Deadline project that I had to deliver in DVD and MP4. MP4, no issue. But the MPEG2, from the MainConcept Template, I ended up with a FOREST of Black frame Markers. Something has happened.

OK, my only remedy was to create a Lossless Lagarith AVI DI and do the MPEG2 from that.

Irony? I didn't NEED to produce the DVD, 'cos the laptop from which my videos were shown from didn't posses a DVD/CD Player . . . . .

Using mine and your experience I'm wanting to report this to SCS.

Oh, and before we get comments on any of this, here's what I did for a Control Test:

* Scrutinized the Original and EVent footage for any Frame issues - none!

* NO Fx-ing.

* GPU on or OFF made no difference

* Various BitRates and combinations of Max<>AVg<>Min

In fact none of the "usual" suspects would make any difference.

So James, thanks for sharing.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

James Redmond
on Nov 26, 2014 at 3:21:30 pm

Graham, It is Progressive, but Vegas sees it as interlaced.

Yesterday I upgraded to the latest build of Vegas Pro 13, build 428. Basically same result. I even tried changing the rendering template to 2 pass, progressive, etc. Still drop frames!

However when I got to my other computer with Vegas Pro 12, no dropped frames!

And since you having the same problem it must be Vegas 13.

Thanks for verifying what I'm experiencing.

I guess the only real option is to submit a support ticket and wait for them to identify and fix the problem. James

James Redmond
Dynamic Videos, Inc.
Rogers, AR USA

Return to posts index

Ken Bennett
on Nov 26, 2014 at 5:57:06 pm

I had to go back to V12 due to this problem. V13 would start to inject black frames (almost like a flashing effect) on long projects. Same project in V12 rendered fine. Has to be something wrong with the V13 render engine.

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures
Capturing Your Life's Adventures!

Return to posts index

dan mccloy
on Feb 4, 2015 at 2:14:26 am

Having the same issue. Driving me nuts. Any idea if Sony has addressed this? I can find almost no info on it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]