FORUMS: list search recent posts

Boris FX - Graffiti + 125 Lower Thirds Templates

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Kutnick
Boris FX - Graffiti + 125 Lower Thirds Templates
on Nov 21, 2014 at 12:18:11 am

Corel has a dynamite sale on their own and several other companies' editing and effects software. I just purchase ProDad Adorage earlier today for $14.99, which includes Aftershot 2, Winzip 18.5 and a $30 voucher good next month at the Corel store. What also caught my eye was Boris FX - Graffiti + 125 Lower Thirds Templates for $9.95. Unfamiliar with this software, will it run in Vegas Pro 13 or as a stand-alone, WITHOUT any other Boris products installed? If so, they are practically giving it away! I'm not sure how soon the sale ends, so I really would like to know ASAP if I can use it out of the box or if I need to buy additional software to make it work. Advice? Thank you in advance.

Rich Kutnick
VIDEO IMPRESSIONS

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
Re: Boris FX - Graffiti + 125 Lower Thirds Templates
on Nov 21, 2014 at 3:47:25 am

Hi I think you'll have to ask Boris The question of Graffiti support in Vegas. I have Boris Red installed. Red will read Graffiti files so good for me. As to your query. They are selling templates for Graffiti not Graffiti. You will still need to purchase the licence for Boris Graffiti which works as a stand alone and as a plugin for your favorite host. But you will need to purchase Graffiti before you can use the templates.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Nov 22, 2014 at 12:11:17 pm

Yes it will run in Vegas Pro 13 and as a stand-alone...

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Rich Kutnick
on Nov 22, 2014 at 3:30:23 pm

Thank you for your input, Steve. Unfortunately, I now am more confused than ever!! According to the email reply I received from Boris' Director of Sales,

"Hello Rich,

Thank you for your interest in Boris Graffiti. Unfortunately Graffiti in not supported in Vegas 13. Maybe take a look at Boris Red. It had the same features as titling Graffiti. Let me know if you are still interested. "

A few minutes later, another Boris sales associate emailed me that:

"Hi Rich,

The versions of Boris FX and Graffiti that are being offered by Corel, are specifically for developed for the Corel Product.

Those versions will not work in Sony Vegas."

The host compatibility matrix for Boris FX plug-ins on the Boris web site (link from the Corel site where this package is advertised) is as follows:

Vegas Pro 13
Continuum Complete - version 8.1 or higher
RED - version 5 or higher

Vegas Pro 12
Continuum Complete - version 8 or higher
RED - version 5 or higher
Graffiti - version 6 or higher
Boris FX - version 10 or higher
Continuum Units - all

So what am I to believe? Has anyone out there ACTUALLY successfully used THIS PACKAGE in Vegas 13? Steve, where did you acquire your info? Is it a fact that you or someone else used it in Vegas 13?

Some say it works, others say it does not. I want to be sure before I purchase it, if at all, so I REALLY need hard facts and usage details.

Continued input from all would be most appreciated, and thanks so much in advance.

Rich Kutnick
VIDEO IMPRESSIONS

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Nov 22, 2014 at 9:14:12 pm

Ok where is this link to the Boris Graffiti offer on the Corel site.

Return to posts index

Rich Kutnick
on Nov 22, 2014 at 9:33:23 pm

https://store.videostudiopro.com/1184/purl-eDM_Sale_BFX_GRan125LTT

Rich Kutnick
VIDEO IMPRESSIONS

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Nov 23, 2014 at 2:14:47 am

Rich, did you read the page that your link points to? Is specifically says:
Includes: 1xBoris Graffiti 6 for Corel VideoStudio
That is NOT Boris Graffiti for Vegas Pro and it will not work with Vegas Pro. That is Boris Graffiti 6 for Corel VideoStudio which only works with Corel VideoStudio.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Nov 23, 2014 at 2:46:25 am
Last Edited By Russ Froze on Nov 23, 2014 at 3:08:29 am

I just purchased it and installed it uninstalled it then installed Graffiti from BorisFX site and installed Vegas version (ofx) licence carried over from Corel version. Graffiti Shows up as stand alone app, in Vegas, Resolve Eyeon Fusion 6.3 & Fusion 7. Eyescream lower thirds are available to Boris Red 5.5 and Graffiti

I have Red 5.5 so I do not need Graffiti but I needed to find the facts.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Nov 23, 2014 at 10:51:12 am

[Russ Froze] "then installed Graffiti from BorisFX site and installed Vegas version (ofx) licence carried over from Corel version."
Wow, that's a happy little surprise. I wonder if Boris knows that. Good for you!

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Nov 23, 2014 at 12:55:49 pm
Last Edited By Russ Froze on Nov 23, 2014 at 12:59:51 pm

No I doubt he does know. I've noticed with the latest BCC release the licencing has been tightened up. AS for me the Eyescream lower Thirds are a nice little bonus for Graffiti really doesn't offer anything Red does not.

From my experience of late, I feel a bit cheated because the softwares I have paid top dollar for are diminishing in value. The biggest hit has been Fusion now that it's free less than a month after I paid for the version 7 licence. A real kick in the junk for the little guys.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]