FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pluraleyes seems to have gone missing on my computer

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angelo Mike
Pluraleyes seems to have gone missing on my computer
on Nov 19, 2014 at 8:15:24 pm

Could I have done something to remove it? What could have happened? I still have a bunch of the folders I've created on projects with Pluraleyes, but the program itself is gone.

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
Re: Pluraleyes seems to have gone missing on my computer
on Nov 19, 2014 at 8:35:36 pm

Did your anti virus software identify it as spyware and remove it?
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Angelo Mike
on Nov 20, 2014 at 4:50:44 am

I have no idea, but I doubt it. How would it have done that after I've had it for over a year? I never updated Pluraleyes, I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Nov 20, 2014 at 6:02:32 am

I would check the Windows Event logs and the AntiVirus logs if you run AV. The problem with AntiVirus is occassionally the new definitions to detect new threats will happen to match a seemly random pattern of an old executable and it will treat it like a threat. Often times it will move it to a quarantine folder or if configured poorly, will delte the file outright. They call these false positives. If that is what happened, then you might be able to configure the AntiVirus to exclude the Pluraleyes folder from being scanned in the future.

If you are not running AV, then the Windows Event logs will show if someone or some process uninstalled Pluraleyes. This is less likely unless you have someone else logging into your system and trying to free up resources by uninstalling applications.

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
on Nov 20, 2014 at 7:32:00 pm

Does the software show up in the Add/Remove Software window?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]