FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bizarre audio file issue

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
scott sullivan
Bizarre audio file issue
on Nov 12, 2014 at 4:04:07 pm

Ok I have a sound effect for a transition i use frequently. It's embedded all over my project.

Worked fine for a long time, but now the audio file has a DIFFERENT SOUND. Its fine by itself when played with any other program, the file itself is fine.

But just in Vegas the sound is different. It actually has an entirely different sound (like the background noise in my room!)!!

I've tried replacing it with the original in the project media list, but still the same problem.

Why is Vegas suddenly playing a different sound from a file that is fine on its own?

Return to posts index

scott sullivan
Re: Bizarre audio file issue
on Nov 12, 2014 at 4:06:27 pm

Update is even more weird - re adding it by dragging the file changes the sound but the sound is still wrong. The sound is randomly being grabbed from some point in the project from a different audio track.

Other added audio files are fine - its just this one I am trying to use that constantly changes as soon as its added to Vegas!

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
on Nov 12, 2014 at 4:41:27 pm
Last Edited By Dave Osbun on Nov 12, 2014 at 4:41:45 pm

Try renaming the file (for example, if current file is named 'chime.wav', rename it to 'chime_new.wav'). Use the newly named file in Vegas and see if it's back to the normal sound.

Dave

Return to posts index

Kelly Griffin
on Nov 12, 2014 at 5:18:03 pm

Scott--

I've had the exact same issue from the start, and it's only with WAV files. Totally bizarre, yes. Audio will play from parts of completely different projects, along with intermittent static, or nothing at all.

I haven't tried the renaming thing, but I've just been converting WAVs to AIF and everything's fine.

--Kelly

Return to posts index

scott sullivan
on Nov 12, 2014 at 5:26:20 pm

Yep! It was a wav file and renaming didn't help. I had to render it on another computer with Vegas to mp3 and now it works on the problematic computer just fine.

weird...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]