FORUMS: list search recent posts

looking to buy a desktop/computer for sony vegas 13..not sure which one!?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Thurman
looking to buy a desktop/computer for sony vegas 13..not sure which one!?
on Nov 11, 2014 at 6:52:30 am

I currently just have an old dell laptop where I downloaded a version of sony vegas 13 (which barely works). I not only want to learn how to master sony vegas, but I want to build a computer around it. I will just be using it for making music and using sony vegas pro and also want to run two/dual monitors as well. I don't want to spend a ton of money and would like to get it around 1,000 if possible. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I should get in order to achieve this? I'm thinking about just buying a set-up from Best Buy or some local retailer since I don't have any experience building computers from the ground up. Thanks and I look forward to your replys!

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: looking to buy a desktop/computer for sony vegas 13..not sure which one!?
on Nov 11, 2014 at 12:36:19 pm

If you don't want to build a computer I would look at purchasing an HP Z Workstation. They will not be bloated with a lot of unnecessary software and use quality parts. Best Buy carries HP Workstations. Make sure you buy a Z workstation and not the consumer Pavilion series for video editing.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Sorin Nicu
on Nov 11, 2014 at 1:45:14 pm
Last Edited By Sorin Nicu on Nov 11, 2014 at 1:54:24 pm

Dell Precision Workstations are also a good buy, we have T3610 at work and they never have issues. I would configure one with a video card Quadro K600 (to save money), but upgraded power supply, and buy a Quadro 4000-5000 from eBay to work with the MainConcept encoders.

Personally I did something else - went to 'refurbished' avenue.
My older Core2Quad system was getting too slow for my taste, so I did go on eBay, at Dell Outlet and bid on a computer - I won a Dell T3500 with:
- a six core (12 threads with HT) Xenon X5650 (equal to first gen i7 Extreme)
- 15GB of DDR3 RAM (upgradable to 24)
- nVidia Quadro FX3800 (older but usable in MainConcept)
All for $330 shipped/taxed.

Return to posts index

Justin Thurman
on Nov 13, 2014 at 6:50:52 am

Would a Mac Mini with dual monitors hooked into it work with Vegas Pro 13 and some studio software for music work on the mac mini with no problems? I make music and edit some high definition videos as well as just surf the web. I want to make sure this would be a good computer to purchase. Thanks again!

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Nov 13, 2014 at 11:16:47 am

[Justin Thurman] "Would a Mac Mini with dual monitors hooked into it work with Vegas Pro 13 and some studio software for music work on the mac mini with no problems?"
I love my Mac Mini. I use it for music production only (Pro Tools and Apple Logic Pro) but it's an awesome little computer for the price. It should be fine for Vegas Pro editing but it may be a little slow for rendering because it only comes with a Dual Core processor but for the money it can't be beat. You could even investigating using Final Cut Pro X which is an awesome NLE as well. I'm not trying to steer you away from Vegas Pro, I'm just saying that buying a Mac opens more possibilities for software selection than buying a PC. I wise choice IMHO. (but then again.... I would never buy or build another PC again so I'm a bit biased toward the Mac) ;-)

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Sorin Nicu
on Nov 13, 2014 at 4:31:12 pm
Last Edited By Sorin Nicu on Nov 13, 2014 at 4:33:43 pm

'Would a Mac Mini with dual monitors hooked into it work with Vegas Pro 13 and some studio software for music work on the mac mini with no problems? '

That's a toy. Most that you can get with that is a dual-core i7@2.8GHz with integrated graphics (Intel HD Graphics 5000), 8GB of RAM - and that will set you back $999!!!

Sure it will 'work'. Don't expect any miracles, just because it says 'Apple' on it.
And indeed, maybe a better choice of NLE is Apple's software. Still, don't expect miracles, there is no substitute for CPU power (and memory size).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]