FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remove Audio Clicking/Skipping in Vegas?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morgan Lewis
Remove Audio Clicking/Skipping in Vegas?
on Nov 11, 2014 at 6:43:13 am

So something weird happened in some audio I recorded, I'm not very savvy when it comes to fixing audio problems. I asked over at the audacity forums and although the tool they directed to me works, as someone gave me an example. (It's called the De-Clicker plugin), for some reason it makes audacity crash when I use it.

Does Vegas have any audio tools that could be used to remove.. or at least dull the weird clicking noise in my file? Below is a small example from the session.

8181_isaac.wav.zip

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: move Audio Clicking/Skipping in Vegas?
on Nov 11, 2014 at 11:52:26 am

Morgan? Please ensure your Project Audio Settings match your Audio Media. Then APPLY and Save>Close>Reopen Vegas. See if that improves matters.

G

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Morgan Lewis
Re: move Audio Clicking/Skipping in Vegas?
on Nov 11, 2014 at 12:01:10 pm

The settings match, there was a problem when I recorded the audio and it make this skipping noise appear in a few places. Does Vegas have any tools that can help iron them out?

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: Remove Audio Clicking/Skipping in Vegas?
on Nov 11, 2014 at 5:47:15 pm

Vegas Pro has an audio fx called Click & Crackle remover. That may remove the clicks you are hearing.

Return to posts index

Morgan Lewis
on Nov 12, 2014 at 1:05:46 am

I don't seem to have that in my Audio FX, I'm using Vegas Pro 10... I don't suppose it's possible to download that plugin for my version?

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Nov 12, 2014 at 1:57:51 am

I'm using Pro 10 and I do have it but I also have Sound Forge Pro 10 installed and I'm pretty sure that's where it comes from.

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Nov 12, 2014 at 7:40:45 pm
Last Edited By Russ Froze on Nov 12, 2014 at 7:43:35 pm

In short, the answer is yes and no. Vegas does have a very robust audio support, after all Vegas Video was born from Sonic Foundry Acid Which is an audio application. Marketing is the issue, Video will only have the most basic of plug ins to do the basic job of cleaning audio. There are hundreds of Pug ins on the market but I doubt you will find one that will remove the offending sounds automatically.

I brought your sample into SpectraLayers just to have a look. Yes the clicks can be removed but from the length of the sample it's difficult to tell what is not suppose to be in the file. Some sound could be music in the background but to my ears they sound more like a cpu switching issue as if the recorder was taxed during the recording for some reason. Again I have no idea as to the recording system but it sounds taxed or overloaded.

I would much like to see the entire file as to ascertain the degree of work needed to clean it up and determine if it's worth the effort for it will undoubtedly take days if not weeks.

Just to be clear, I'm not volunteering for the task but I will help you to make a decision as to weather to continue or drop the project.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Morgan Lewis
on Nov 13, 2014 at 4:59:49 am

The project is several gigs large, it would probably be easier to run the buggy audacity plugin 10 minutes at a time than to upload it to show.

I have been told the clicks are because the audio program was struggling to write, this is because I accidently had video recording settings far too high.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]