FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas 13 crashing render under Windows 10

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mateusz Duzinkiewicz
Vegas 13 crashing render under Windows 10
on Nov 9, 2014 at 4:25:19 pm

When I try to render at Vegas 13 x64 under windows 10 x64 Sony crash, got NVIDIA 344.60 WHQL drivers from "fresh install". I reinstalled Sony, but it does not work. Before clicking "render" everything works. It changed from yesterday, there was some update from Microsoft and now I can open project and work but no way to render.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Vegas 13 crashing render under Windows 10
on Nov 9, 2014 at 5:13:37 pm

Sorry bub, I cant help you where Windows 10 is concerned.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Mateusz Duzinkiewicz
on Nov 9, 2014 at 7:00:24 pm

Vegas 12 Pro x64 is working OK on Windows 10 x64, but some crash occurs under Vegas 13 when starting render no matter what format :/

Return to posts index

Tyson Onaga
on Nov 10, 2014 at 3:04:01 am

Where/when did Sony advertise that Vegas works with Windows 10?

Return to posts index

Mateusz Duzinkiewicz
on Nov 10, 2014 at 8:55:46 am
Last Edited By Mateusz Duzinkiewicz on Nov 10, 2014 at 8:58:54 am

... and where Microsoft advertised it does not? What a stupid question is that? Vegas 12 works, and SONY need to work with Microsoft to solve version 13 Vegas PRO problem if they want to sell anything in future.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Nov 10, 2014 at 11:32:10 am

No need to get disrespectful here Mateusz, Majority of the software out
there including Vegas are not fully compatible with Windows 10 as yet,
because it takes time and most importantly Windows 10 is a very new OS
and is not fully officially released as yet. So be patient!

Film Maker & VFX Artist.

Return to posts index

Mateusz Duzinkiewicz
on Nov 10, 2014 at 12:38:58 pm

"Majority of the software out there including Vegas are not fully compatible with Windows 10 as yet" so Steve, if we as Sony Vegas community, want this app to be as good as software can be, we need to report problem's in public, so Sony can learn. But then comes some guy saying "Where/when did Sony advertise that Vegas works with Windows 10?" and then I am not sure If I should comment or pretend I did not see that kind of question, but have nor time or will to explain so I use short sentence "stupid" - is my intentions clear now?

Tyson - when Sony Vegas 13 was introduced there was no Windows 10 so Sony could not make such statements that it will or not work with it, and it is widely know fact so asking such questions is at least pointless, why?

1 - it do not solve problem with crashing Vegas 13 under Windows 10 - does it?
2 - it is directing whole thread for dead end road wasting peoples precocious time.

Anyone speaking in this thread please refer only for solutions to the main problem in the title of the thread, thank you.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Nov 10, 2014 at 1:41:39 pm

Mateusz, it may be a driver issue or a recent Windows update. Have a look at the WIndows 10 Technical preview VPro13 render crash thread on the Sony Vegas forum.

FYI, if you have any suggestions for the Vegas development team, send them to Sony at http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/support/suggestions

Return to posts index

Mateusz Duzinkiewicz
on Nov 10, 2014 at 8:36:04 pm

Driver you say? It could be it, day before my Vegas 13 broke down, there was some update from Microsoft regarding NVIDIA. I will remove that update and tell.

Return to posts index

Mateusz Duzinkiewicz
on Feb 2, 2015 at 7:20:39 am
Last Edited By Mateusz Duzinkiewicz on Feb 2, 2015 at 7:23:44 am

On Microsoft forum there is new info about Vegas. In this thread one person claims, that fix worked, other it did not. Can anybody check it under Windows 10?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_apps-insider_feedb...

"Have you tried going to Control panel as in the picture below and turning on all the .Net Framework versions???
I have had to do that for some software because Net Framework 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 were turned off during one of the builds
"

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
on Nov 10, 2014 at 2:37:40 pm

You want Microsoft to list every program that isn't yet compatible with a brand new OS??

Your error message tells you exactly what the problem is-- the nVidia GPU driver. Did you check and see if nVidia has a Windows 10 driver?

Blaming this on Sony is 100% wrong.

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
on Nov 10, 2014 at 2:39:52 pm

Roll back the Windows update. Problem solved.

It is common knowledge on this board that Windows updates may cause Vegas instability issues, so most users turn off automatic updates.

Return to posts index

Malcolm Matusky
on Nov 10, 2014 at 8:23:41 pm

I am running Win7/64 Pro, and will be for another year at least. Updating the OS is always a nightmare and I want to be 1~2 yeas behind the "bleeding edge" so the bugs are worked out.

Malcolm
http://www.malcolmproductions.com

Return to posts index

Mateusz Duzinkiewicz
on Nov 10, 2014 at 8:26:35 pm

Somebody must do the hard work :)

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Nov 11, 2014 at 1:56:49 pm

We here on this forum has been doing the hard work for years now
Mateusz, None of us here is being paid for any of this, we are ordinary
users of Vegas just like you!

Film Maker & VFX Artist.

Return to posts index

Mateusz Duzinkiewicz
on Nov 11, 2014 at 8:53:28 pm

I rolled it back and deleted all updates ect. but unfortunetly it did not help. I am going to clean install Windows 10 and then test V13 again. Tomorrow will tell.

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Nov 12, 2014 at 6:56:01 pm
Last Edited By Russ Froze on Nov 12, 2014 at 7:12:11 pm

Mateusz,
I did not wish to chime in this conversation at first because I do not have Win 10, hell I refuse to move from Win7. That made clear, I relate my experience with Vegas 13. As usual I waited till the last minute to do and upgrade from Veg 12 avoiding the plethora of bugs from new releases. Veg 13 opened up great all the plugs are there and everything works until it's time to render. Problem is the rendering template is empty, hangs for a few seconds and then Vegas crashes. Also I have noticed various frames, panels, windows whatever you wish to call them are not installed.

After several weeks of a support ticket submission, Vegas support got back to me with an extensive list of things to do. In short it's the old windows permissions problem. Basically uninstall Vegas root through the registry and remove certain entries, create new user account and install Vegas from there and all should work fine. So Vegas support says. I don't have time to fiddle around with this but I did instal Vegas 13 on a cloned machine where it works just fine.
If you wish I can relay the support info to you but you will have to adjust for Win 10.

And yes Mateusz, we are not paid to do this, we are simply paying it forward for help we've received from others in the past. Boy I miss those old TV broadcast fellows that used to peruse this forum. They has decades of experience spanning from the old and obscure up to the moment bleeding edge tech and systems. Debates raged on for months and never, no never did anyone suggest stupidity or some derogatory comment was made. No matter what the discussions, opinions held by others, there was always a respectful tone, that is until the weekend warriors showed up and the slurs began. So we lost access to all that knowledge and experience. So if there is an unsatisfactory answer, just smile politely, say thank you and move along to the next answer.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Mateusz Duzinkiewicz
on Nov 13, 2014 at 6:44:00 am

Thanks for the trick. I made a step backward to Windows 8.1 with Vegas 12, got new project to edit and no time for experimants. By the end of 2014 I will try again, maybe till then Microsoft with Sony will make some improvements.

Yes, in someway that one time I was unpolite, but I am the working man and got no time for messing around with people who do not understand what this forum is for.

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Nov 13, 2014 at 9:25:33 am

I Know, I've been watching. But I just can't loose any more veterans, soo we must play nice. We are all very sensitive artists you know. Good luck and maybe some day soon you can get back to us on how things are turning out for you and stick around, all too soon it may be your turn to parcel out hard earned experience.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Stuart Soled
on Feb 7, 2016 at 10:07:49 pm

I had a similar problem on upgrading from windows 8.1 to 10. what it turned out to be was not a sony vegas problem but an nvidia problem. I found out that when i used my amd radeon r7 260 card , which is a few years old, things worked fine and better than ever. however when i used a newer nvidia card with their drivers. (msi geforece gtx 950 (and i have an msi motherboard and no problem with anything else) it would continually crash during rendering no matter what i did. i went back to the radeon card and now i can render multiple files at once and i have not had a single problem. i certainly do not have good feelings about nvidia at this moment as it took some time to piece this apart and get my vegas pro working again like it used to.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]