FORUMS: list search recent posts

YouTube Intro: Need Guidance Making Zoom Effect.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Barker
YouTube Intro: Need Guidance Making Zoom Effect.
on Nov 5, 2014 at 1:04:58 pm

Hello,

I am currently making an intro for my YouTube channel, but earlier today i ran into a problem when trying to create a certain effect. As you can see from the screenshot below, the intro quickly fades into a mosaic of all my various clips. After 5 seconds, my logo then fades in over a duration of 1.5 seconds on top of the clips in the center of the frame.

After the logo has completely appeared at the 6 second mark, i want the entire frame to slowly zoom into the logo, cutting out the all clips surrounding it and filling the frame. But in order to do this i would need some method of moving all the different tracks in the project together without separating them, a bit like an 'Event Pan/Crop' for the entire frame?

I tried looking on the Internet for a way of doing this, but i was unable to find any solution. However i did come up with my own idea of rendering the video in it's current state, and then opening the rendered video on it's own in a separate project (Basically so that all the various different tracks were flattened into a single track). Then after this i could do the animation without everything spitting up. However, i quickly discovered that zooming in on this 1920x1080 video resulted in a significant loss of quality in the logo.

Obviously this wouldn't be much use, so i need to find some other method of making this effect inside the original project. I was also considering about moving the frame around like a 3D effect to make it more interesting, but again i would need to merge all these clips together somehow in order to do this.

Any ideas? Help would of course be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: YouTube Intro: Need Guidance Making Zoom Effect.
on Nov 5, 2014 at 5:54:16 pm

Is your logo 1920 x 1080 or larger? If it is, use the Pan/Crop tool and keyframes to shrink it and then, using keyframes again, zoom in on it at the appropriate point to fill the frame. This will hide all your other images.

Return to posts index

Rob Barker
on Nov 5, 2014 at 6:21:56 pm

Hi Mike; Thanks for the response. It took me a while to understand how that would work but i get it now. I like your thinking and it's a good idea, but unfortunately i don't think this would create the same effect that i was looking to achieve. It would just enlarge the logo over the other clips, rather than zooming in on it and pushing the clips outwards. I think what i basically need is a way of Event Pan/Cropping or Track Motioning all the tracks in the project at the same time.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Nov 5, 2014 at 7:32:06 pm

Rob, you need to use Parent Motion for this project. If you've never tried it before, John Rofrano has a great tutorial on his site that will walk you through it.
http://johnrofrano.com/training/video-tutorials/parent-motion-filmstrip/
You'll need to add some keyframes to the logo track using Track Motion but it's not hard to do.
I just tried it on a 10 track test project (9 stills and a logo on top) and it worked great!! Good luck.

Return to posts index

Rob Barker
on Nov 5, 2014 at 7:59:38 pm

Hi Mike, thank you so much for telling me about the Parent Motion feature, i didn't even realize it existed! I checked out John's tutorial and had a good read through it, then afterwards i had a quick look on YouTube to see whether anyone had made a video demonstrating the feature. I found a good video which showed many different clips being imported into a project and then grouped together using the parent/child composing options, then afterwards the clips moved around the frame in bulk using Parent Motion!

I really can't believe i've been editing in Vegas for all this time and haven't found out about this feature sooner; now i can finally finish making my intro! Thanks for your help once again, it is greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Nov 5, 2014 at 8:15:42 pm

Rob, I'm glad to introduce a new Vegas tool to you :)
I've been a Vegas user for several years and have never used that particular feature. When you told me what you wanted to do in your reply, I remembered it and went searching for John's tutorial as I knew it would do the job for you.
Have fun with your project!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]