Sony Vegas brightness problem

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aleksandar Joksimovic
Sony Vegas brightness problem
on Nov 4, 2014 at 9:19:16 pm

Hello everyone.

I have one big problem that annoys me.
I record my videos with Mirillis Action! and then I import them in Sony Vegas.(I make YT videos)
Everything seems fine,video in the preview seems fine, nothing wrong with the colors...until I render the video to MP4(Using Sony AVC).

When I preview my rendered video in Windows Media Player or Media Player Classic, video seems darker.
But when I preview the video in VLC media player, video is normal.(I noticed that if I go to options in VLC Media player and then I turn off "Use hardware YUV>RGB conversions", video is darker.

Also when I upload my video on YouTube, its darker and its like video loses color vibrance.

Here I attached all the previews in one picture so you can see how it actually looks like.

Also I noticed that my raw footage is just fine, it seems that it gets darker after rendering.
Any ideas how to fix this ?

Return to posts index

Heinrich Himmel
Re: Sony Vegas brightness problem
on Nov 5, 2014 at 10:05:42 am

Looks like MPC, WMP and YT are clipping shadow detail. I have a hard time with explaining super white and super black, but I think you are editing in Computer RGB space but YT is expecting sRGB? Thus when you upload footage with full 0 - 255 values, it is clipping values 0-15 and 236-255 (super blacks and super whites).

Try using the Computer RGB to sRGB in levels and see if this helps. Render a small clip. It will look more gray in Vegas preview, but should play fine in MPC, WMP and YT. Don't worry about how media players play your video though. What matters is the format that you are delivering to people or YouTube in your case. If the clip you render looks good on YT, then render the whole video.

Hope this helps!

Return to posts index

Aleksandar Joksimovic
on Nov 5, 2014 at 2:31:27 pm

I tried using Computer RGB to sRGB as you said, it worked.
But now preview in Sony Vegas is a little bit brighter then the rendered video and that bothers me.
Because if I was to add some color correction, I wouldn't be able to have accurate representation of the video, I wouldn't be able to see how exactly it is going to look when I render it out.

Any way to fix this ?

Return to posts index

Heinrich Himmel
on Nov 6, 2014 at 4:20:59 am

You can either edit how you like and after you are finished add an output FX of the computer RGB to sRGB or do the opposite... Add an output FX of sRGB to Computer RGB and then delete it before rendering. It will look how you want it in either case until you are ready to render.

After you delete or add the FX, it will look brighter and a little more grey than you like it, but it will render correctly. That's all the is important.

I believe another solution is to use an external monitor, but I cannot confirm this.

Return to posts index

Aleksandar Joksimovic
on Nov 6, 2014 at 8:10:54 am

Yea, that makes sense.
Thanks a lot :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]