FORUMS: list search recent posts

SVP 13 : Multicam : Output Preview

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Jackson
SVP 13 : Multicam : Output Preview
on Nov 2, 2014 at 2:00:55 pm

I have just discovered how to make multicam preview work, thanks to the good folks here and previous posts in the forum.
But, is there a way in SVP 13 to output the Multicam preview to a video, preferably with a running timecode?
The output of the quadrant view seems like it would be a good tool to have a director review footage without having to have access to (or learn to use) an editing workstation.
Then they could say "I like camera 1 at 00:02:06;26. The shot on Camera 2 at 00:04:00;00 really doesn't do anything for me."

Regards,
--Doug

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
Re: SVP 13 : Multicam : Output Preview
on Nov 2, 2014 at 9:17:41 pm

I can't think of a way to render the multicam view however one way to accomplish the desired task is to build yourself a template you can drop your media into. This works well for the video portion of the take(s) but what to do for audio that is another matter. I have built an example, can be downloaded at http://f1.creativecow.net/file/8163/8163_takeeditor.veg.zip
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Doug Jackson
on Nov 2, 2014 at 10:47:11 pm

Russ,

Thanks! This is cool -- I had not thought of something like this!

But, how did you do this 'magic'? How did you make each of the colored "Placeholder" tracks only fill one quarter of the output screen? I don't see anything in Pan & Crop.

Regards,
--Doug

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Nov 2, 2014 at 11:15:31 pm
Last Edited By Russ Froze on Nov 2, 2014 at 11:22:45 pm

This magic is not performed at the event level (Event Pan/Crop), it is invoked at the Track Level (Track Motion). Track Motion can be found 4 icons to the left of the exclamation mark. If you hover the mouse over each icon the tooltip will tell you what it does. Open the Track Motion for the Timecode track and you can move the timecode to where ever it's best suited for the shot. Click on the track composite mode (the green icon below the red gear and to the right of the slider), then choose 3D Source Alpha from the menu and you will find a new dimension is available in the Track motion window.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Doug Jackson
on Nov 3, 2014 at 3:31:11 am

Excellent. Thank you for your patience and clear explanation.

This old dog will attempt to learn a new trick.

Regards,
--Doug

Return to posts index

Roger Smith
on Nov 3, 2014 at 9:12:30 pm

How do you get the timecode track? I understand about moving it around with the track motion, but is there a way for a timecode to appear for your timeline? I must be missing it.

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Nov 4, 2014 at 12:10:39 pm
Last Edited By Russ Froze on Nov 5, 2014 at 5:31:08 am

Track Motion will allow you to move the timecode around and the plugin at the event level (pan crop) is where you will find the settings for the time. The timecode generator counts from the first frame of the timeline.
Let me know if you need more info.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Nov 5, 2014 at 5:40:55 am

I'm sorry I think I misunderstood your last question or lets say I'm too dense to understand what you are asking. Could you re phrase the question please.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]