FORUMS: list search recent posts

Simpliest way to delete time from all video and audio tracks

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Reister
Simpliest way to delete time from all video and audio tracks
on Nov 1, 2014 at 11:44:52 am

Using Vegas 12, and I have 4 video tracks and 6 audio tracks. Is there an easy way to "freeze" everything so I can easily cut/delete 1 minute from the middle, yet keep everything in sync? (video/audio/automation)

I know I could render, then simply cut out the middle, but that would introduce another generation of rendering. (loss of quality)

I'm not familiar with a way to basically freeze everything, cut some time from the middle, and slide everything to the right. Everytime I try to select everything and do the edit, something gets left behind, and I spend a bunch of time trying to line everything up properly again. I'm wondering if there is an easier way I'm not familiar with using Vegas 12.

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
Re: Simpliest way to delete time from all video and audio tracks
on Nov 1, 2014 at 12:53:45 pm

First of all, if you have audio tracks with music that can be a problem. Not withstanding that, just select the portion of your video and audio by dragging your mouse over that area but be sure to drag your mouse over an area that is not inside a track otherwise it will just move that track.
Once you've selected your area just delete it.
Then with your auto ripple icon (the icon with the green box and arrow)set to the on position (depressed) you can move all your remaining footage on your right down to meet the footage on your left.
Hope I'm clear. I know it's confusing if you aren't familiar with it.

The auto ripple is one of those icons that can really mess you up if you aren't use to using it.

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

Luigi Perrotta
on Nov 9, 2014 at 11:10:16 pm

Group all the tracks, then split at the two points where you wish to delete, create new groups for the left section and the right section. As a group you will be able to grab all the tracks at the same time and slide them where ever you want.

If you don't know how to create a group let me know.

Return to posts index

Robert Reister
on Nov 23, 2014 at 12:01:07 pm

Using groups, cutting, re-grouping was the method and it worked fine. Thanks very much for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]