FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with Importing MPEG-2 File

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Flint
Problems with Importing MPEG-2 File
on Oct 28, 2014 at 7:21:41 pm

Hi,

Now here is a problem I have not had before! We record church sermons, and on Saturday we had a Church History lecture that lasted a shade over 60 minutes, normally our sermons are about 35 minutes, and when I bring the recorded video into Vegas Pro 12 I don't have an issue as to seeing the two tracks, video and audio. This time when I import the video into Vegas Pro all I get is the audio track, but no video track.

Looking in Properties what I see is that the File Type for the Saturday recording shows as MainConcept MPEG-2, whereas normally I see MPEG-2 Transport Stream. I'm quite sure that I didn't change any settings just for the Saturday meeting. When I locate the file on the hard-drive and click play, it does so quite normally, picture, sound, everything. It's only when I try to import it into Vegas Pro that I get the problem.

On the following day, Sunday, I recorded both services, each lasted about 30 minutes or so, and again there wasn't a problem with bringing the files into Vegas Pro. Sound and Video were imported as normal, and the Properties showed the files as MPEG-2 Transport Stream as usual. I made no changes to the settings between Saturday and Sunday.

So, what could have been the reason for the issue with the Saturday file? Is there a way I can import both tracks, video and audio?

The only difference that I can see is the file size. I don't usually record videos of that length - is that the problem? If so what do I need to do?

As always I would welcome advice. One thing is for sure, it's all part of the learning curve!

Regards,

Alan

Return to posts index

Alan Flint
Re: Problems with Importing MPEG-2 File
on Oct 30, 2014 at 7:06:09 pm

I should perhaps have mentioned that the size of the original unedited footage was 6.38 GB. As mentioned before, I have no issues with importing videos that are about half this size, or less.

I really need to be able to edit and then render this file, does anyone know what I might be able to do to make that happen?

Regards,

Alan

Return to posts index

Alan Flint
Re: Problems with Importing MPEG-2 File
on Oct 31, 2014 at 9:54:02 pm

I just thought to let anyone know who might look at this post, that I thnk that my problem is solved (happy days)! After spending what seems like hours over the last day or so looking for solutions, I downloaded a video converter (Handbrake), converted the Mpeg-2 file to an MP4, and 'voila', I have been able to import both tracks, video & audio, into Sony Vegas Pro.

Whatever caused the issue in the first place, whether it got screwed up in the path from the camera/HD-PVR I don't know, but I am now able to edit the file as normal.

I hope that this solution may help someone else that might have a similar issue to that which I outlined in my first post in this thread.

Regards,

Alan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]