FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with color codes

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tobin Bell
Problem with color codes
on Oct 28, 2014 at 4:35:30 pm

hey there,

Is there a way to save or get the color code (eg. #f9d27d) of the text I use in Vegas? I want to use exactly the same color in Photoshop but couldn't figure out how can I do it.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Problem with color codes
on Oct 28, 2014 at 5:36:28 pm

The easiest way I know is to click the Foreground Color box in the Color Picker boxes so that this screen shows up.

Once it's up, paste the number in the # box as shown below.

Return to posts index

Tobin Bell
on Oct 28, 2014 at 5:43:33 pm

This color picker isn't from Vegas, right?

I need a color code from Vegas to use it in Photoshop.
To be more simple: I want to use a color in Photoshop that I used in Vegas before. How can I get the code from Vegas?

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Oct 28, 2014 at 6:06:30 pm

How did you come up with the values used for your Vegas text?

Use the same RGB values in Photoshop that you did when you created the text in Vegas.
If you're not sure what those were, click on a text event to open it and then click on the Properties tab to display them.

Return to posts index

Tobin Bell
on Oct 28, 2014 at 6:14:54 pm
Last Edited By Tobin Bell on Oct 28, 2014 at 6:15:57 pm

I just can't find that Properties window that contains rgb code. If I rightclick on the event and click on Properties at the bottom it doesn't show the code. if I open the event the "Sony Titles & Texts" panel show up and there is a color table with so many variations of color formats and next to my text color it says "1,0; 0,93; 0,7; 1,0" but couldn't figure it out how can I use this "code" in Photoshop. :(

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Oct 28, 2014 at 7:21:16 pm

Now I understand. You're using a newer version of Vegas and, for some insane reason, they decided to switch away from using RGB. Very few of us liked this change and made our opinions known to Sony but the problem remains :(
You could multiply 255 by the value you get and use those.
In your case that would be 255 - 237 - 179 but, due to rounding, this may not be identical to your original color.
I would take a screenshot, bring that into Photoshop and use the color picker to determine the color.
Good luck!!

Return to posts index

Tobin Bell
on Oct 28, 2014 at 8:06:10 pm

thanks for the tip, I just did the same meanwhile. Anyway, making a screenshot and paste into PS to get a color means something similar to heading back to stone age to me for some reason. :P

Also still don't understand why the developers don't give us a switching option (hold down a key) to make velocity envelope not to mess up the whole track when trying to move a track dragging from the right edge.

Thank you for your help!

Return to posts index

Andrew Lenczycki
on Oct 29, 2014 at 1:42:46 pm

I've had the same problem as you describe, and if I remember correctly, I just resized the Vegas and Photoshop (Elements) program windows enough so I could see each at the same time on screen. I then used the Photoshop color picker tool and picked the color from the Vegas window. I'm at work and don't have Vegas installed on this machine right now, or I would test to verify.

Andrew Lenczycki

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Oct 29, 2014 at 4:23:58 pm

I know what you mean about the stone age :(

While thinking about this last night, I remembered a utility that I had completely forgot about but have now rescued from my archives.
It's a color picker called PointandSee, is free and does a great job.
You can grab it at http://www.pointandsee.co.uk/

As far as your complaints about the Velocity envelope, all I can suggest is to drop Sony a line about it and offer suggestions on improving it.
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/support/suggestions

Return to posts index

Tobin Bell
on Oct 29, 2014 at 4:34:14 pm

Good idea, will do it. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
on Oct 31, 2014 at 2:33:09 am

I use ColorPix. It's free and shows you the color code for whatever the mouse is over.
http://www.colorschemer.com/colorpix_info.php

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]