FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding effects to Masks

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Bruton
Adding effects to Masks
on Oct 24, 2014 at 5:29:48 am

I have created a mask effect on a video clip using event/pan/crop and then going to mask and used the pen tool to cut around the subject so i can do something cool to the background. I love using this effect because its like photoshop in video but with animated keyframes to make sure the movements match the mask.

The bummer about this is that sometimes I want to add effects to the masked video image, such as brightness and contrast. But for some reason ( in all versions of Sony Vegas) my masking looks horrible when I do. Instead of looking seamless which i worked hard to achieve, i can clearly see the line. Everything is sharp where i put feathering. And when i try to add gradient map effect with black the whole thing around the mask fills in black.

Is there another way to mask while getting to use any effect I want? Without it ruining my mask effect? Is there a different way to add effects on it?

Has anyone had this problem or know what this is?

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
Re: Adding effects to Masks
on Oct 31, 2014 at 4:31:19 pm

Used to drive me nuts those lines after an intensive roto session. FInally found the answer, simply move the effect to the left of the pan/crop or another way to say it is to keep the mask (pan/crop) at the end of the effects chain (to the right).
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]