FORUMS: list search recent posts

BCC Image Restoration Unit: 50% Off thru Friday 10/22/2014

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Kutnick
BCC Image Restoration Unit: 50% Off thru Friday 10/22/2014
on Oct 22, 2014 at 7:33:47 pm

I am considering purchasing BCC Image Restoration Unit, which is on sale (50% off) at $149.50 until Friday. So is this package (especially at this price) a good or great offer? There are 12 filters in the package that work directly as OFX plug-ins, a subset of the current Boris Complete. Looks good to me, but what do I know (LOL)? Any advice? And John Rofrano (BCC Guru and reviewer/trainer), I know that you probably have the whole set of BCC plug-ins, so what can you tell me about BCC Image Restoration Unit, especially at this price point?

Rich Kutnick
VIDEO IMPRESSIONS

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: BCC Image Restoration Unit: 50% Off thru Friday 10/22/2014
on Oct 23, 2014 at 10:43:57 am

[Rich Kutnick] "...what can you tell me about BCC Image Restoration Unit, especially at this price point?"
As you pointed out, I have the whole BCC 9 suite and they are my goto tools for editing. I think I use at least one of them on every project. The Image Restoration Units contains the following plug-ins:

Dust and Scratches
DV Fixer
Flicker Fixer
Lens Correction
Magic Sharp
Motion Key
Noise Reduction
Optical Stabilizer
Pixel Fixer
Smooth Tone
Uprez
Wire Remover

Of those, I use Magic Sharp, Noise Reduction, Optical Stabilizer, Flicker Fixer, Lens Correction, and Uprez the most, and occasionally Flicker Fixer, and Smooth Toner. That's a substantial amount of the set. It's a really usable set of plug-ins for fixing all kinds of problems in post. I've never had to use Wire Remover, or Motion Key on a project but being able to remove objects that you don't want in the scene is an awesome capability.

You really can't go wrong with this set of plug-ins. I also believe that if you want to upgrade to the entire BCC suite, that Boris FX will give you credit for the Units you already have and give you some kind of discount. So it's a good investment IMHO.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Ted OShea
on Nov 15, 2014 at 7:52:40 pm

John,

I am creating a wedding video with Sony MSP13. Most of the film is generated from .png files (pan, zoom, fade, etc) at 1920x1080 for output on Blu Ray.

I have several video clips to include from various sources, most at 720x480p, provided to me on a DVD in .VOB format. Am using BCC UpRez to upconvert from SD to HD (okay quality).

The video is shaky in translation and rotation, but fine in zoom. Would like to also use BCC Optical Stabilization, but am having problems using both. In the end, only a portion of the 720x480p video is included due to stabilization.

What is the best way to get maximum resolution, with a stabilized (fixed) position?

My plan is to try BCC UpRez on the main clip (30 seconds), write it to a separate track, then use BCC Optical Stabilizer on the new track.

Any way to use them together without creating a separate track?

Many thanks,

Ted

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Nov 18, 2014 at 8:15:46 pm

I would stabilize the original source first before you UpRez. This is because you want the stabilizer to work on the original pixels and not synthesized pixels from resizing. There is no way not to loose resolution when stabilizing. It's a balancing act... the more you stabilize, the more resolution you loose, the less you stabilize, the less resolution you loose so you have to find that mid point between being stable and having enough picture left to view. It's a trade-off only you can make.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]