FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Crashing When Rendering Videos?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caitlin Smith
Sony Vegas Crashing When Rendering Videos?
on Oct 21, 2014 at 3:37:42 pm

When I render an music video, Vegas 13 either crashes or says that there was an unknown error. I've tried restarting my computer and doing lots of things differently., such as shutting off all other running processes, disabling internet, and obviously restarting my computer.

Fault Address: 0x000007FED74138D1

FX used: Chroma keyer, text, Sony checkerboard, Sony noise texture, Sony gradient, crop, transitions

SCREENSHOT:

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Sony Vegas Crashing When Rendering Videos?
on Oct 21, 2014 at 10:19:06 pm

Does it crash only when rendering this project?

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Caitlin Smith
on Dec 8, 2014 at 7:59:49 pm

Nope. I think it's an issue with one of the effects, I made a project without the effects used here and it rendered fine, whilst a project I made just now with the same effects I had the same trouble as this one.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Oct 22, 2014 at 7:26:40 am

[Caitlin Smith] "Fault Address: 0x000007FED74138D1

FX used: Chroma keyer, text, Sony checkerboard, Sony noise texture, Sony gradient, crop, transitions"
Caitlin, unfortunately I can't see the FAULT Module, (you've drawn that RED line through it), which sometimes, for me, identifies, indicates just what Vegas could be choking on.

You could could try:

1]By-passing all the FXs, and see if it still chokes

2]Add-back the FX-ing one-by-one till you discover just which FX is choking Vegas.

3] Try doing segmented Rendering. Sometimes I've needed to go down to render-sets of 10 Seconds to determine that I had had a nasty high-math or math-rich render going on. It happens to ALL of us.

Remember, Rendering is THE most CPU<>GPU intensive procedure that Vegas needs to perform . . . which reminds me:

What are you rendering FROM and what are you rendering TO?
Maybe we should start from here - yes? If you have issues with your Media to Project Settings and/or your PC is groaning under the weight of the render, it is going to be here that you're going to hear the "Pips Squeak" and squeal.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Caitlin Smith
on Dec 8, 2014 at 8:08:57 pm

No, I have not heard any noises coming from my computer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]