FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does sony vegas have what premeire calls "Four point matte"

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Rafaniello
Does sony vegas have what premeire calls "Four point matte"
on Oct 20, 2014 at 3:06:29 am

Ok so before i say anything you NEED to check out this video FIRST to understand ANYTHING im trying to say.
heres the link

In this video KaiserNeko one of the best editors in Abridging, talks about advanced lip sync for his videos. Im trying to learn the technique he uses at 2:10. He gets those 4 points to show up and then crop out the characters mouth and then move it where he desires ! Only problem im having here, is when i go to event/pan crop in Vegas. I click the mask tool and then crop out someones mouth,BUT then when I try to move it where i need it to be(like what kaiser does at 3:35 in the video) It dose not move the lips. It simply moves THE HOLE that i croped. I need to be able to crop something out and then place it where i desire, like kaisers doing.

PLEASE somebody help me with this. Ive been trying to make an abridged series for years and every time I do I always encounter this problem !

Return to posts index

Heinrich Himmel
Re: Does sony vegas have what premeire calls "Four point matte"
on Oct 20, 2014 at 6:01:47 pm

Basically what you are doing is moving the mask. What you want to do is reposition the clip rather than the mask. After creating your mask, click on the "position bar" (this is right above the mask bar). That will change your overlay to the position tools (like when you first enter the pan/crop tool). You will then reposition the clip (which you have already masked out) rather than the mask.

Return to posts index

Matthew Rafaniello
Re: Does sony vegas have what premeire calls "Four point matte"
on Oct 23, 2014 at 12:34:52 am

OMG THANK YOU. Im sorry im new to this website so i didn't see the link to your reply. Anyway thank you ! you have just answered a question that has been bothering me for YEARS !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]