FORUMS: list search recent posts

SVP 13 -- looking for resolution to ongoing audio problems!

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lars hansen
SVP 13 -- looking for resolution to ongoing audio problems!
on Oct 19, 2014 at 5:02:15 pm

Hi folks,

I'm trying to render a project in SVP 13 and am experiencing significant audio issues. Audio is dropped (narration), background music volume diminished, and depending on what codec (or codec custom settings) I use, the overall dynamic range seems variable... The project contains the following types of audio (each seperated using its own track): (i) background audio recorded with the origial video, (ii) background audio I've added, (iii) narration, and (iv) background music.

The issue arose after adding new hardware to my computor. I replaced the c drive a few weeks ago (it was about to fail) and added a geforce gtx 460 gpu. As part of the process of rebuilding my application files I added avid's dnxhd codec as I wanted to try rendering lossless files that I could recompress in handbrake (I've read that the handbrake render quality is superior for vimeo uploads using a vegas produced intermediate?...).

I've tried rendering projects using a number of codecs (avi, mov, wmv, and mp4-mainconcept avc/aac), and various settings (including changes in the custom options). While the audio issues express themselves a little differently (e.g. tonal changes, etc.) with each setting, I always get the dropouts with lower audio quality generally.

When I play the project in Vegas off the timeline the problem occurs. When I play the rendered "post c drive" rendered files on VLC and microsoft media player, the audio issues show up identically. I've also tried dropping these same "post c drive" files back in a new instance of vegas and played them off of the timeline, and the problem is there too.

Prior to the hardware replacement I was rendering projects successfully (including the one I'm trying render now). I've gone through my vegas preference settings and everything seems as it should be...

So vegas is unusable right now... I've contacted Sony Creative Software support but haven't heard back from them... I'm at my whits end and not sure what to do next?...

Any suggestions about how to fix this problem or trouble shooting it are greatly apprciated?

Thanks for your help with this!

PS, this is an update from an earlier post -- in the above post I've narrowed down the symptoms of the problem a little more... (old post: https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/24/982693)

https://vimeo.com/user11431579

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
Re: SVP 13 -- looking for resolution to ongoing audio problems!
on Oct 19, 2014 at 6:49:45 pm

What are you using for audio hardware? On-motherboard chip set or dedicated sound card? Have you tried reinstalling sound card drivers? Any other audio issues outside of Vegas?

Has to be something with that C drive problem. Personally, this is why I never put anything on the C drive except the program itself. Dedicated drive for projects and audio, separate drive for video. Just easier to keep things running smoothly.

Return to posts index

lars hansen
Re: SVP 13 -- looking for resolution to ongoing audio problems!
on Oct 21, 2014 at 3:40:35 pm

Thx Dave! I agree and am thinking that it's something related to audio outside the vegas app. Audio is controlled by Realtek software but whether it's built into the motherboard or not I'm not sure (former I suspect). I did try updating and reinstalling the audio drivers but that didn't help. It does seem odd to me that it worked well prior to the c drive changeover but not afterwards...

Perhaps a new audio card is worth considering?

https://vimeo.com/user11431579

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]