FORUMS: list search recent posts

De-interlaced Video still looks interlaced? (Worse than the source!?)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Michaels
De-interlaced Video still looks interlaced? (Worse than the source!?)
on Oct 19, 2014 at 7:29:22 am
Last Edited By Brandon Michaels on Oct 19, 2014 at 7:41:20 am

So my friend and I were looking to make some gaming videos on Youtube.

The best hardware I have right now for capture, is a Dazzle DVC100 w/ S-Video. Compared to composite, it's worlds better... I'll stick with it. For right now.

Anyway... Here is the Youtube upload of the source file.

Here was a .mp4 render in Vegas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh95axXbD8A

Quality-wise, overall it's quite decent for what it is. it's a (bad) 480i(?) video upscaled to 1080... But the problem is... If you look at the original video, as bad as it is, it plays smoothly and does not look interlaced at all, really. But after rendering in any format I've tried (.wmv and .mp4, with many settings messed with), it always has these aggressive lines, mostly during shooting and going into a full run, like at around 40 seconds in on both videos...

Why is this happening? Also on a side note, why does simply upscaling the video and applying minor settings, improve the video quality so much anyway? Weird, but cool either way. It looks even better, except Youtube butchers the file size from like 8mbps down to about 1mbps. Gotta admit, their compression is pretty efficient, though. Even still, it seems they have been compressing videos down more, as of late. :P

This was a test video I'd recorded a while back, so that's what I used for testing. I know it's bright, but I'll have to lower the brightness down when capturing. But again, not what I'm worried about. I'm looking to get these videos rolling this week or so, and I really need to figure out what's causing these aggressive "interlacy" lines during motion, etc... Hope someone can help. Thanks SO much!!

Return to posts index

Brandon Michaels
Re: De-interlaced Video still looks interlaced? (Worse than the source!?)
on Oct 19, 2014 at 7:58:33 am

... Also, I don't know why the render test in the link didn't embed like the source file video did, but hopefully that's sufficient. Actually...

Yeah, so this is the render test one... Just to have the two embedded for an instant visual. Again, on both videos, be sure to look around 40 seconds in for the lines, which is present in THIS video, but no the original.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: De-interlaced Video still looks interlaced? (Worse than the source!?)
on Oct 19, 2014 at 12:34:52 pm

You're right. I can see the interlace lines when he shoots at the second driver.

Can you post a screen shot of both your Project Properties and your Render Template Video tab? The answer is probably somewhere in those settings.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]