FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best setting to use for Full HD youtube filmed videos

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Jameson
Best setting to use for Full HD youtube filmed videos
on Oct 19, 2014 at 12:33:28 am

Hello,

Recently I started to use Sony Vegas for making videos for Youtube. My camera produces AVCHD video .mts files which I then join and split using Sony Vegas.

What rendering settings should I use?

I have tried various but, unfortunately, while I render Full HD (1080) the end result on Youtube seems to look like of a much lower resolution. How to avoid this?

You can see the difference here - http://tinypic.com/r/14lkfio/8 .

In this example, I have extracted nearly the same fragment of one video. Right are images extracted from the original files (top - VLC player, bottom - Windows Media player). In the middle are noticeably worse m2ts files, which is especially worse when uploaded to Youtube. Left is m2t file on Youtube.

Return to posts index

shaun rexroat
Re: Best setting to use for Full HD youtube filmed videos
on Oct 19, 2014 at 3:41:23 am

Are you viewing your video on YouTube at only 360p? don't forget to change the qualtiy to 720p! If that is really how youtube is displaying even at 1080p, then try exporting your video to mp4 (internet HD 1080p preset) and then select customize tempalte, and then go in there and first make sure your frame rate matches the source, then change the profile from "main" to "high" and then go down to your bit-rate and change the maximum bps to 14,000,000 and the minimum to 11,000,000.

Then render than and upload it and see if the quality has improved. if it still hasn't, then this is likely a youtube issue and I would message them and tell them that they need to improve the way they transcode video.

Return to posts index

George Jameson
on Oct 19, 2014 at 1:43:49 pm

Thank you,

Indeed the reduced quality remains even when I view it on 1080 in Youtube.

I have tried to do two mp4 "Internet 1920x1080 30p" (under Sony AVC/MVC) - one default (16 000 bps), and one custom with 14 000 bps and "high". I have added the three resulting images here:

http://tinypic.com/r/108hk5z/8

As you can see the render degrades quality a little while Youtube degrades it even more. However, Youtube is full of great videos of ture Full HD or even 4K. So perhaps I am doing something wrong?

Return to posts index

shaun rexroat
on Oct 19, 2014 at 5:57:08 pm

should be 16,000,000 and 14,000,000 bps. is that what you meant to say you did, or did you accidentally render with the much much lower bps?

Return to posts index

George Jameson
on Oct 19, 2014 at 9:53:38 pm

Yes, I meant millions, not thousands.

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
on Oct 19, 2014 at 1:11:53 pm

Please use the search function. YouTube render settings have been discussed many, many, many times.

Return to posts index

Angelo Mike
on Oct 23, 2014 at 12:44:01 pm

Make sure your project settings match your video specs as well.

Return to posts index

Sorin Nicu
on Oct 25, 2014 at 1:55:48 am

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

Return to posts index

Jane Kong
on Dec 19, 2014 at 3:06:06 am

what is the output format ? try to reduce the file size of your video before uploading them on Youtube

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]