FORUMS: list search recent posts

BluRay Render - Failed Attempts

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Farhan Ali
BluRay Render - Failed Attempts
on Oct 16, 2014 at 10:45:06 am
Last Edited By Farhan Ali on Oct 16, 2014 at 10:48:19 am

Hello everyone hope you're well, on my latest project the videos where shot with the following spec:-
Resolution:- 1920x1080
Frame Rate:- 25 FPS
Data Rate: 21 - 22 Mbps

When it came to Project Properties I used the pre-set:- HD 1080-60i (1920 x 1080, 29.970 fps)

The reason why I am using the pre-set is because 90% of my videos have been edited using 29.970 using another editing software.

After my finla project was complete the next step was to render. For the past 3 days I've encountered one major problem, sony vegas seems to "stop" rendering my project, instead a blank display is shown on the "preview" monitor.

The render settings I opted for:-

MainConcept MPEG-2 > Blu-Ray 1920x1080-50i, 25 Mbps video stream.

Within the template I "Customized" few aspects, such as "Video Quality" and "Two-Pass".

Yet still I encounter the same problem.

Can someone please help me out.
What's going wrong?

Thanks

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: BluRay Render - Failed Attempts
on Oct 16, 2014 at 11:11:27 am

[Farhan Ali] "Resolution:- 1920x1080
Frame Rate:- 25 FPS "

[Farhan Ali] "When it came to Project Properties I used the pre-set:- HD 1080-60i (1920 x 1080, 29.970 fps)"
[Farhan Ali] "MainConcept MPEG-2 > Blu-Ray 1920x1080-50i, 25 Mbps video stream."
This makes no sense. If you are delivering 25fps and your camera footage is 25 fps it doesn't mater that you have other video at 29.97, you should be setting your project to HD 1080-50i (1920 x 1080, 25.000 fps). This has nothing to do with your problem. I just happened to notice that it was sub-optimal because you are making edit decisions based on 29.97fps timing and then changing them to 25 fps when you render.
[Farhan Ali] "After my finla project was complete the next step was to render. For the past 3 days I've encountered one major problem, sony vegas seems to "stop" rendering my project, instead a blank display is shown on the "preview" monitor. "
What changed 3 days ago? Maybe you added a piece of media that was different? Did your system get updated? Do you have a backup from before 3 days ago that you could restore? Bottom-line is that something changed and only you can figure that out. Things don't stop working without a reason. Think about what might have changed 3 days ago to cause this.

In the mean time, see if you can render in sections. If some smaller sections render and one doesn't, that's a clue that a piece of media in that section may be the cause.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Oct 16, 2014 at 12:25:50 pm

Could be a corrupt/bad bit of video you have there on the timeline.
Watch the preview window while rendering and try to identify the exact
event the render fails and try replacing it and see.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Farhan Ali
on Oct 16, 2014 at 6:56:38 pm

Hello thanks for your responses, oh no! Please don't say there might be a corrupt media file, it's been months in the making and would be a disaster if there was something wrong with any of the parts. I will each section and report back.

Also, in regards to the quality would you agree my project settings have been set to the highest quality possible?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Farhan Ali
on Oct 16, 2014 at 7:20:23 pm
Last Edited By Farhan Ali on Oct 16, 2014 at 7:31:03 pm

After testing our numerous settings I found out the problem was coming from the "Render" project itself.
For some reason I can't render using:- Blu-Ray 1920x1080-50i, 25 Mbps video stream

Whereas if I was to render using:- MainConcept AVC/AAC no problems are encountered.

I managed to find the part where I initially thought the problem was coming from. So I tried different render setting, MainConcept and the problem no longer occurs.

Does that mean I cannot render using Blu-Ray settings?

( cry )

Update 1:- I read on another thread I can render using Blu-Ray using the template:- Sony AVC/MVC.
I will be using Blu-Ray 1920x1080-60i, 16 Mbps video stream.

Update 2:- Using the above render setting:- Blu-Ray 1920x1080-60i, 16 Mbps video stream
Doesn't cause any problems.
Can some please confirm if this would be the best setting to use for my Blu-ray project.

Return to posts index

Geoff Candy
on Oct 16, 2014 at 8:41:34 pm

Video recorded at 1920x1080 25fps. It matters not whether i or P as the bluray standard is 'i'.
However; set your timeline to match your 'footage'.

So why render render render at 60i?

Simply use the standard Mainconcept (AVC or MPEG2) 1920x1080 50i video stream templates.

Don't forget to render .ac3 audio using Pro not studio.

Return to posts index

Farhan Ali
on Oct 16, 2014 at 9:25:57 pm

Hello, I tried rendering using AVC but the final video file doesn't seem to open with any media players.
Is this normal?

Return to posts index

Farhan Ali
on Oct 17, 2014 at 11:56:33 am
Last Edited By Farhan Ali on Oct 17, 2014 at 12:00:52 pm

So after countless hours I finally managed to render my project. But there seems to be another issue, one some parts of the video, quality seems to "lack" it no longer stays at 1080p, in fact majority of the parts don't seem to be 1080p quality.

What has gone wrong? Perhaps I used the wrong render settings?

P.S. I will be using Adobe Encore for BluRay & DvD Authoring, what that be an issue?

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Oct 18, 2014 at 3:57:15 am

[Farhan Ali] "What has gone wrong? Perhaps I used the wrong render settings?"
Did you change your project to 50i? If your footage is 50i and you are rendering to 50i your project should also be 50i.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]