FORUMS: list search recent posts

Default Bit Rate issues - fitting high quality footage onto a single Blu-ra disc

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack McGee
Default Bit Rate issues - fitting high quality footage onto a single Blu-ra disc
on Oct 14, 2014 at 11:10:08 pm

Hi

I would really be grateful for some assistance with the following confusion that I am having with setting the default bit rate for burning a blu-ray video using DVD Architect 5.0

My understanding is that when you prepare your project in DVD Architect the optimal bit rate for a Blu-ray should be 18000Mbs...here is the dilemma that I am having...

1) I edited the AVCHD footage from my camcorder (HD 1080-50i format .MTS files) in Sony Vegas and rendered the footage to a single .M2TS file (HD 1080-50i - 1920x1080, 25fps PAL)
To get this in Vegas I used save as template: Sony AVC = AVCHD 1920x1080-50i

2) I plan to burn a footage totalling 3hour 15mins onto a single 25GB Blu-ray disc

3) After I create the DVD Architect Project (Properties: 25gb MPEG-2 1440x1080 25 interlaced) I choose the prepare option and it shows all the audio tracks will be compressed. I click on OPTIMIZE page.
which then shows Default Bit = 18,000Mbs

Now, if I click on FIT TO DISC, it changes it to 2000Mbs. This is what I dont get, why is it changing to 2000Mbs?
The actual videos I am going to add add upto less than 25Gb, total length is just over 3 hours.

Appreciate any ideas and advice

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
Re: Default Bit Rate issues - fitting high quality footage onto a single Blu-ra disc
on Oct 15, 2014 at 3:14:55 am

A 25GB BD-R only holds 23.32Gb of data. If it's larger than 23Gb, then go back to Vegas and re-render with a lower bitrate. Do NOT use "fit to disc" - it's there for lazy people who don't care what DVDA does to the file.
It's OK to let the audio files recompress because no one will be able to hear any difference.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Default Bit Rate issues - fitting high quality footage onto a single Blu-ra disc
on Oct 15, 2014 at 12:07:10 pm

[Jack McGee] "Now, if I click on FIT TO DISC, it changes it to 2000Mbs. This is what I dont get, why is it changing to 2000Mbs?"
Are you sure that you are using a Blu-ray template in DVD Architect and not a DVD template? 2000Mbps sounds like the rate for fitting SD MPEG2 onto a DVD.
[Jack McGee] "The actual videos I am going to add add upto less than 25Gb, total length is just over 3 hours. "
So why are you pressing Optimize? I've never had to press this button. Why not just drop your media in and burn?

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Heinrich Himmel
on Oct 20, 2014 at 6:19:33 pm

Your bit rate in Vegas is too high. At 3 hours bit rate should be 16mbps so at over 3 hours your bit rate should be a little lower. Use a bit rate calculator to determine what rate to use. Then render again in Vegas.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]