FORUMS: list search recent posts

Somebody Please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .Veg File won't open!!!!!!!!

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rehan Ahmed
Somebody Please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .Veg File won't open!!!!!!!!
on Oct 14, 2014 at 8:22:33 pm

I worked days on this project and now it's acting up on me.

If anyone can help me it would be BRILLIANT, but looks like I have to re-do the whole thing NOOOOOO!!!! Please help me.

Long story short. This project was working fine today, I opened it up numerous times. I worked on it for days and nothing happened, I used to save all my files before exiting. This problem never occurred to me until now. This is a very weird situation. So I was working on the file today, it was open. I believe I opened it 15 times today and it worked every single time. So now this particular time I had the file open. And I also had Cinema4d open (3d software). Btw, most of my clips that I rendered were from Cinema4d in .mp4 format. and I dropped all the files I rendered form the software into Sony vegas. I was doing this for days without a problem. But then I went to Cinema4d and made another 3d animation and as I was rendering it I "mistakenly overwrote an already rendered .mp4 file from Cinema4d into this new animation. So a popup came into Sony vegas saying "Media is offline" so I pressed cancel. and then another popup came (weird) saying another media is offline, and I kept pressing cancel and cancel and cancel and cancel until it went away. Then I closed my sony vegas and tried to open it up again and this is the warning that comes to me everytime I open the file

"Sony vegas can't open the file Beholdd.veg. The file is in unsupported format."

Then I immediately went to the .bak file and tried to rename it to .veg and that file TOO is giving me the same problem. It's saying the same warning.

I can open other sony vegas files fine. Except for this time. i believe this file has gone corrupted and I don't know how to fix it, opinions?

I restarted and all but still same problem. Ahhhh.... help me fix it.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! my life depends on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
Re: Somebody Please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .Veg File won't open!!!!!!!!
on Oct 14, 2014 at 9:42:35 pm

Sorry that you are having this stressful problem. A question: is the Vegas project file stored on the same drive as your video files (and animation files)? Since you were getting the message 'media offline' before the .veg file bit the dust, I'm wondering if you have a drive that is dying or has bad sectors (if it is non-SSD).

Dave

Return to posts index

James Strecker
on Oct 14, 2014 at 9:51:16 pm

I have had this problem a number of times. I think it must be some sort of "glitch" in the Vegas software. It is unpredictable and, as you know, very frustrating. I once worked on a scene for one of my feature films for weeks, only to be finishing it up, have the program crash on me randomly, and then never be able to open it again.

I am sorry that this happened to you but in my experience, there is nothing you can do. The file is simply corrupted and unreadable. It likely was not your fault. I have tried and tried to find out why this happens and there simply does not seem to be any reason other than the fact that you may have been pushing your computer too hard by having both Vegas and C4D open at once (though I don't know what your computer's capabilities are).

If I were you (and I'm sorry to post this in the Vegas forum), I would scrap Vegas and start using Premiere or some other editing software. I used to defend Vegas anytime a professor or colleague or someone gave it crap, and while it's still a great program, it is very easily ticked off. I have been using Premiere for a few months now and it is a breath of fresh air for sure.

James Strecker
JTS Entertainment
http://www.youtube.com/JTSEntertainment

Return to posts index

James Strecker
on Oct 14, 2014 at 9:52:39 pm

P.S. I have actually found that re-editing my lost Vegas sequence has allowed me to better edit it, as if I was given a second chance. Like some higher power said, "come on, man, you can do better than that." Though I can still understand irritation, believe me.

James Strecker
JTS Entertainment
http://www.youtube.com/JTSEntertainment

Return to posts index

Paul Belter
on Oct 15, 2014 at 8:16:17 am
Last Edited By Paul Belter on Oct 15, 2014 at 8:20:49 am

1. which sv r u using?
2. go to something like
C:\Users\Capricorn\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\10.0
where capricorn will be your username and 10.0 will be your version number
3. you should find there autosave files and you will probably find veg files autosaved before your project got corrupted. so you may rescue maybe not all of your work progress but you wouldnt have to work on it from the scratch.
4. if you work on SV10 or lower you can give me the corrupted veg. maybe i could help

Return to posts index

Paul Belter
on Oct 15, 2014 at 8:17:58 am

P.S.
appdata is a hidden system folder so depending on yr system settings you may have to enable seeing hidden folders on yr system first.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Oct 15, 2014 at 11:55:36 am

There should be a .veg.bak file in the same folder as the .veg file. Copy it to new "name.veg" and see if it will open. It should because it should be the previous save of the veg file which worked. You might want to replace the missing file before you do it so as not to get all those popups again.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]