FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio dropout (and other) issues in SVP 13...

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lars hansen
Audio dropout (and other) issues in SVP 13...
on Oct 13, 2014 at 11:24:37 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to render a 1920x1080p 24fps and am experiencing audio quality issues. Audio is dropped (narration), background music volume diminished, and depending on what codec I use, the overall dynamic range seems reduced... I've tried a number of render codecs (including cutomozing them), always using the best available video and quality settings, but keep experiencing the same dropout issues. While the dropped audio is always in the same places, the other audio issues vary depending on which render codecs I use. I've gone through my Preference settings and everything seems as it should be... When I play the project in Vegas on the timeline everything is fine too.

So, is this a system issue or something I need to check in Vegas?

Any suggestions about what I can do to narrow down and fix the problem is?

System info: Windows 7 (64-bit), Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz, GeForce GTX 460 GPU, 12G RAM.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Audio dropout (and other) issues in SVP 13...
on Oct 14, 2014 at 12:55:18 pm

What are you playing it in, when you hear the audio quality issues?
That could be where the problem lies.
When you drop the finished rendered content back in Vegas, do you still
experience these issues?

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Oct 14, 2014 at 2:53:12 pm

What format are you rendering to, and what are your audio settings in the render process?

Return to posts index

James Strecker
on Oct 14, 2014 at 9:57:02 pm

I have experience this several times. Vegas just doesn't like audio. It's not an audio editor specifically. If you have a lot of layers of audio, it will take a lot of computing power to calculate that all at once. Though in my experience, the audio was dropped when playing a rendered file AND in the timeline.

James Strecker
JTS Entertainment
http://www.youtube.com/JTSEntertainment

Return to posts index

James Strecker
on Oct 14, 2014 at 9:58:51 pm

What I have done multiple times is solo each audio layer and render it separately, for the whole timeline. Then solo the next layer, render it, solo the next one, render it, etc. Then render the video with no audio. Then create a new project and drop everything back into place. I don't know why this works, but it does, or it has for me every time.

Make sure you're rendering each audio layer as the same filetype (wav, mp3, etc.). I think that is the problem, if Vegas is trying to comprehend multiple audio filetypes at once.

James Strecker
JTS Entertainment
http://www.youtube.com/JTSEntertainment

Return to posts index

lars hansen
on Oct 15, 2014 at 6:02:41 am
Last Edited By lars hansen on Oct 16, 2014 at 3:41:02 am

Hi folks, thanks for the feedback and trouble shooting questions.

Steve, I've played the a rendered file on VLC and microsoft media player, and the same audio issues show up there. I dropped the rendered file on a new instance of vegas and played it off of the time line, and the problem was there too.

Bob, I tried rendering in several different formats (avi, mov, wmv, and mp4-mainconcept avc/aac) using various settings (including changes in the custom options), and while the audio issues express themselves differently (e.g. tonal changes) I always get the dropouts in the same places with lower quality generally.

James, thanks for the work around suggestion. I have SVP 11, 12 and 13. While I had lots of crash issues with version 11, version 12 was very stable, and this is the first time I've had any audio issues (i.e. 13 was stable until this issue arose after adding the ne hardware). The work around seems like a lot of effort given that vegas is built around a high end audio editing application. If worse comes to worse I'll try this to get my project completed but hope that in the long run I can find a solution.

I replaced my c drive a few weeks ago and added a geforce gtx 460 gpu and have been rebuilding my application files. As part of the process I added avid's dnxhd codec as I wanted to try rendering lossless files that I would recompress in handbreak (heard that the render quality was superior for vimeo than what vegas could produce?...). Not sure if there is a conflict there somewhere?...

Any additional ideas very much appreciated!

lars

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]