FORUMS: list search recent posts

DV to Blu ray without deinterlacing

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John James
DV to Blu ray without deinterlacing
on Oct 9, 2014 at 3:02:27 pm
Last Edited By John James on Oct 9, 2014 at 3:10:36 pm

I was traying different methods of deinterlacing the original Sony Hanydcam DV file for a AVCHD Blu Ray disc, with no luck.
I've tried Sony Vegas deinterlacer and Yadif option. Ordinary NeroVision result pretty similar to Vegas.
Also After Effect Re-Vision Deinterlacer plug in produce an unacceptable file.
So I gave up.
As Blu Ray also accepts NTSC 720 x 480 59.97 standard def file, I thought I could go this way, make a big MPG2 file interlaced and let the player and the LCD set to do the deinterlacing and scaling process.
But... after processing the DV file in Vegas (and also in Nero)I still got video with awful jagged lines (as if the Vegas deinterlaced the file anyway, before reinterlacing).
Whay MPG2 encoder does not keep the interlaced file?
Do you have a clue of what I am doing wrong?
Is there any way to keep the interlaced file in a format accepted by a Blu Ray disc? No matter if it is Standard Def or HD, cause Hi Def deinterlaced files results in worst video quality than a standard def video

Return to posts index

John James
Re: DV to Blu ray without deinterlacing
on Oct 15, 2014 at 10:35:37 pm

Hi People:

As nobody answer my previous post, I think perhpas I didn't explain myself.
Thou' I render lot of files, I am a totally amateur.
Since I don't like the result of rendering a DV 720 x 480 widescreen file to AVCHD in order to make a blu ray disc (cause deinterlacing results are really jagged), I decide to don't deinterlace and let the player/receiver to do the scaling and deinterlacing.
But... encoding to MPEG2 (720 x 480, interlaced) is giving me jagged pictures as well.
I originally thought that Vegas will render each field as interlaced, so no deinterlacing will be involved. But results are also so jagged like if deinterlacing was applied anyway.
So I am missing something but I don't have a clue about what it is.

Any help will be appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]