FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Paste (most) Event Attributes" ?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelly Griffin
"Paste (most) Event Attributes" ?
on Oct 8, 2014 at 8:07:21 pm

Is there a way to ONLY paste VFX attributes to video files and not pan/crop information?

So far I've had to remember to wait to do the pan/crop stuff until after I've got things like levels and HSL done.

--Kelly

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: "Paste (most) Event Attributes" ?
on Oct 8, 2014 at 11:39:56 pm

Not that i know of. Pasting attributes will copy
over everything including pan/crops.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Phil Peacock
on Oct 9, 2014 at 9:48:00 am

Good point though Kelly.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Oct 9, 2014 at 3:06:20 pm

We cant have it all, can we....lol

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Matt Carlson
on Oct 9, 2014 at 6:14:41 pm

There is not a "native" way to paste only chosen attributes but I have been doing it with my extension for about two years now. My Black Tools extension has the following

1) A paste effects button that will only paste effects and leave all other attributes untouched
2) A paste chosen attributes button that will bring up all attributes of a copied event and let you choose
3) A transfer from left/right button that can be configured to transfer either pan-crop,effects,playback rate, or envelopes from the event left or right of a chosen event

Black Tools also has a floating button bar that you can put heavily used buttons anywhere on the screen you want (I usually set up a half minimized empty track and put it right on the timeline.)

If your current pasting dilemma is truly annoying you and you want to use Black Tools let me know.

Return to posts index

Kelly Griffin
on Oct 9, 2014 at 6:41:11 pm

Hey Matt--

Well, it isn't "truly annoying", but it's annoying enough that I'd like to know more about Black Tools, yes thank you!

I just don't like being forced to make aesthetic decisions in a particular order, especially with my fifty-something brain.

--Kelly

Return to posts index

Matt Carlson
on Oct 9, 2014 at 7:29:52 pm

I should have asked before... what version of Vegas are you running? Black Tools requires at least Vegas 11.

Here it is.

8089_blacktoolsextension.zip

There is a brief description of what you need in the How To text in the zip file as well as installation instructions. One of the reasons I have not released Black Tools officially is that I never have time to create a full Users Manual. Although pushing buttons to do things is fairly straight forward feel free to bombard me with questions.

Return to posts index

Kelly Griffin
on Oct 9, 2014 at 7:35:44 pm

I'm on SVP10, but I've downloaded your file and I'll keep it handy for whenever I "break what ain't broken".

Thanks Matt!

--Kelly

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Oct 10, 2014 at 5:37:13 am

Well ain't that nice. I think I'll play with the macro idea n see what can be done with it. Then I will bombard you with questions if it's all right. Thanks loads, Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Matt Carlson
on Oct 10, 2014 at 6:47:43 am

Bombard away! Actually you found the whole point of Black Tools in the Macros section. The question of "Is there a script for....?" is the reason I started Black Tools. Even though I can write scripts on my own I got tired of having to do so. I wanted to build a framework where a logical progression of editing tasks are just button pushes that could then be turned in to macros.

One point of explanation is required for Macros. The "Default" setting for parameters in the Macro list means that the macro will take whatever information is currently displayed by the Black Tools button inputs. Setting the parameters to specific data will, obviously, use that information instead.

If you want I can send you a file of Macros I use that you can import if you need concrete examples.

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Oct 11, 2014 at 5:56:37 pm

Hi and thanks, yes please send a file of macros so I have a staring point.
You wouldn't per chance know python script would you?
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Matt Carlson
on Oct 11, 2014 at 6:27:19 pm

I have done a little Python scripting over the years but I am probably a little rusty. Programming languages are like riding a bike though. Once you remember the syntax quirks it is easy going. What application do you need a Python script for?

I will put together a sample Macro file later on tonight. Are there any tasks you would like to see an example of?

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Oct 11, 2014 at 6:49:13 pm

Believe it or not I use a strange combo of Vegas for cutting and audio and Eyeon fusion for FX titles graphics and compositing. So far I have butchered a script that will open the Debugmode frameserver with a prompt of selection or entire timeline. Then manually open the resulting file in Fusion (32 bit only). I don't know how to write code that will transfer the arguments from java to python. Example scripts are available from Eyeon for fusion and have that section working. My dilemma is to tie the two scripts together. The result would be akin to Avid and fusion connect.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Matt Carlson
on Oct 11, 2014 at 7:08:06 pm

This sounds like something I can help with. First off describe your workflow on a specific task where the script is used. I might have some ideas on doing it differently than Eyeon Fusion recommends.

So this thread does not start to get annoyingly huge with the back and forth replies send me an email at

blackstingproductions@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Nov 18, 2014 at 6:42:32 pm

See Paste Event Attributes from Vegasaur

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]