FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timeline Tools - Ken Burns Effect (random pan/zoom)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cory Schneider
Timeline Tools - Ken Burns Effect (random pan/zoom)
on Oct 7, 2014 at 3:59:40 pm

Essentially, I want to randomly add pan and zoom transitions to multiple events on the timeline.

I've used vegasaur in the past, but my free trial expired. Using vegasaur it was very easy to create a "Ken Burns" effect across all my events in the timeline. Is this something that can be done within "Timeline Tools"? I watched the Timeline Tools tutorial video, and read through the user guide, and while I saw references to applying random effects to multiple events, I'm not sure this will do what I want it to do.

First question: Can I accomplish what I am trying to do using Timeline Tools? If not, that's ok, I'll go back to Vegasaur (although I would prefer to use a free tool if possible!).

Second question: If the answer to 1 was "yes", is there a tutorial out there that someone could point me to that will show me how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
Re: Timeline Tools - Ken Burns Effect (random pan/zoom)
on Oct 8, 2014 at 4:19:32 am

I use Production Assistant, but you can just buy this single feature for under $10 as an option from VASST.

http://vasst.com/store/creativity-tools/still-motion.aspx

I know it is not free, but it works very well for my slideshows with both stills and videos.

Return to posts index

Cory Schneider
on Oct 8, 2014 at 6:30:08 pm

Thank you! It looks like the "Still Motion" feature will do exactly what I want to do!

$10 is a small price, and I'm happy to pay it. (I was a bit more hesitant to pay $99 for Vegasaur, even though I know it can do more).

I am still curious though if Timeline Tools can be used to accomplish the same thing. If anyone knows the answer, be it "yes" or "no", can you please chime in?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Oct 9, 2014 at 6:51:40 am

I looked at my Timeline Tools install and help on their web site and I would say you can't. You could apply transitions between the shots, but I don't see how it would add the various pan/zoom to each photo for that Ken Burns effect. Even if you could somehow pull it off, the $10 tool allow for easy configuration, but more importantly, you can change the parameters to adjust the duration and what transitions you would like applied.

Just as an added FYI, make sure you scale down your images perform you put a hundred or so on the timeline. I usually export them with the long edge set to 1920 pixels.

Return to posts index

Cory Schneider
on Oct 10, 2014 at 1:18:17 am

Thanks Mark - VASST Still Motion is great! Simple to use and does exactly what I wanted to do!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]