FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 rendering fails

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hal Landen
on Oct 3, 2014 at 7:53:57 pm

I have been editing a two-hour project HD project with Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 without incident on my i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07 GHz running Windows 7 with 16GB RAM, 64 bit operating system.

Now that it's time to render this project, I first broke it into two nearly equal halves. The first render was to be for a DVD version of the video. I set render to:

Main Concept MPEG 2
Architect NTSC Widescreen video stream.
Video: 29.970 fps, 720x480 Lower field first, YUV, 6 Mbps
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.212

The render stopped at 40 minutes with an error about being out of memory and a suggestion to close all programs. But all programs had been closed before I started, including my anti-virus. I suspect the issue is that Movie Studio is only 32 bit and I need 64 bit. If so, should I upgrade to a Vegas Pro version? I can only hope I'll be able to render the HD version of this video.

I just read about increasing the Dynamic RAM which has helped some people. I'll try that now, but in the meantime.

1. Do you think that Movie Studio is the problem?
2. If so, which Vegas Pro version would you recommend for maximum compatibility with the video?
3. If not, then what?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hal

Return to posts index

Bill Burnette
Re: Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 rendering fails
on Oct 3, 2014 at 11:09:32 pm

The problem was notorious and the error message about closing other programs is misleading (see a google search). The new version (Sony movie studio 13) comes with a 64-bit version for your 64-bit OS, so no memory problems. One thing that might help with your current version is to turn off all thumbnail displays on the timeline.

Return to posts index

Hal Landen
Re: Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 rendering fails
on Oct 4, 2014 at 3:26:51 pm

Thanks, Bill. I tried turning off the thumbnails, but that didn't help. The rendering stopped at the same place. So I'll get Movie Studio 13 and see what happens.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]