FORUMS: list search recent posts

newblue motionblend fx install problems in sony vegas 12

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Shelton
newblue motionblend fx install problems in sony vegas 12
on Sep 30, 2014 at 3:40:19 pm
Last Edited By Steve Shelton on Sep 30, 2014 at 3:43:01 pm

Hi Cow people! I purchased last week, on offer, the newblue motionblend package. I have Sony Vegas Movie studio Platinum 12.0 on windows 7 - 32 bit. I purchased, downloaded and I have tried the various options of installing with the new blue install wizard check boxes. If I check the recommended 'Sony Vegas OpenFX' on the install the motion blends don't even show up on the transition effects list. If I check the 'Sony Vegas' box then the motion blend transitions show up on the transition list and I can load them into place but when I view the properties there are no controls for it, just an unresponsive white box, and the preview pane goes black, so it doesn't work. I have waited that 15 mins they recommend
The motionblend doesn't even show up as an installed program looking for it in windows control panel/programs.
I have contacted New Blue, who have been reasonably responsive but not come up with any ideas beyond copying me their standard help info. So I was wondering if anyone had any clues here as to what I can do and Newblue don't seem to have come up with any solution.
Many thanks
Steve
PS I have installed a newblue effect in the past, cartoon, that was a freebee and that works fine and I have install other fx like 'neat video'.

Return to posts index

Steve Shelton
Re: newblue motionblend fx install problems in sony vegas 12
on Sep 30, 2014 at 5:38:04 pm

Problem solved. The installer for the newblue motionblends had its 'common file' option defaulted as unchecked. The official newblue advice was also to have everything unchecked except the software option (i.e. Sony Vegas OpenFX in this case) so I always assumed common files shouldn't be checked as instructions said uncheck everything. Apparently Newblue tell me the installer shouldn't have had the option to even uncheck 'common files' or default as unchecked, but has since discovered this as a fault and seen it happening through their own testing ...it wasted me a lot of hours and no sign of an apology or offering for it, thanks Newblue! :-(

Return to posts index

Edward Troxel
on Sep 30, 2014 at 8:07:59 pm

Steve, thank you for finding and reporting the solution. It is much appreciated.

Edward Troxel

Return to posts index

Steve Shelton
on Oct 1, 2014 at 8:50:06 pm

Although their bug I found wasted lots and lots of hours of my time I have not received an apology or any form of compensation, say another bundle of software for free, which would have been nice and respectful.

Return to posts index

Steve Shelton
on Oct 8, 2014 at 11:20:08 pm

really sad - still waiting 8 days on since last post and New Blue still can't even say sorry or act like they value me as a customer. The fact is if they showed some hint of decent customer care I would respect them in return and more than likely buy other packages in the near future but unfortunately they seem to be above caring about the ordinary customer. Just thought I'd post this to warn other Vegas users about New Blue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]