FORUMS: list search recent posts

I thouight Vegas 12 Pro was fixed

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philippe Orlando
I thouight Vegas 12 Pro was fixed
on Sep 29, 2014 at 7:08:47 pm

Now when I try to render a project this is what I get

"An error occured while creating the media file.
Exception thrown by method called"

What the... is this now? I mean WHY?

Does anybody have any idea how to fix this?
Thanks
Philippe

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: I thouight Vegas 12 Pro was fixed
on Sep 29, 2014 at 8:21:44 pm

I don't have a clue. Mind you, a wee bit more detail would assist.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Philippe Orlando
on Sep 30, 2014 at 1:35:37 am

I'm not sure what else to say. When I try to render my project, I go to file and click on "Render as" I get the message below. I'm blocked and can't go further.

"An error occured while creating the media file.
Exception thrown by method called"

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Sep 30, 2014 at 2:06:53 am

Is the content you are rendering on an external Drive?

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
on Sep 30, 2014 at 4:52:08 am

Does the temp file already exist?

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Sep 30, 2014 at 7:35:12 am

1] What MEDIA are you using on your Timeline?

2] What are your Project Settings?

3] What Template are you rendering to?

Basics - yes?

Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Philippe Orlando
on Sep 30, 2014 at 11:25:07 am

What do you mean "does the temp file already exist"?

Return to posts index

Philippe Orlando
on Sep 30, 2014 at 11:30:36 am

I was able to render to 720P for internet and now I can't.

Now it seems that you all haven't research this problem on line. If you google it, you'll see that it plagues Vegas 11 and 12. I was hoping that you might know a solution, on this forum.

I can still render, but I have to use a trick:

To render I go to TOOLS then SCRIPTING, then BATCH RENDER.
Then I can render my project to whatever option is there.
I simply can't render anymore by just going to FILE and RENDER AS!
Again, google the error I posted in my first post and you'll see that many people started to get that problem out of nowhere. Some reinstalled Vegas AND WIndows and still have it. That tells you what? That Vegas 12 is a piece of...
Yeah. Which means, I can upgrade for 150 bucks to Vegas 13. Should I do that? It pisses me off, I shouldn't have to do that, though. Of course, not a word from SONY. What kind of company is it?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Sep 30, 2014 at 11:57:43 am

I didn't get any of that detail from your opening post.

I can't help any further.

Grazie

Return to posts index

Andrew Lenczycki
on Sep 30, 2014 at 2:02:32 pm

Well, if you provided the same level of information to Sony that you put into your post, it's no wonder they didn't respond. Think of the millions of combinations of computer hardware/software that could be possible on a given computer. Any two (or more) of these could be in conflict with another.

I understand your frustration, but in order for anyone on this forum (none of us work for Sony) to be able to help you, you must provide the information requested by persons like Graham Bernard (John Rofrano, Mike Kujbida, Stephen Mann, Steve Rhoden, Norman Black, etc.). I've seen lots of posts where people are slamming Sony and Vegas as a crappy product, but when the information is given as requested, it USUALLY turns out to be some sort of USER error, or a software/hardware conflict issue specific to YOUR computer setup. Please review Graham's post asking for more information, then provide the information requested. No one on this forum is getting paid to provide the help they do. I have learned TONS of things from just perusing this site each day.

Take a deep breath, and provide all the information that has been requested by the more knowledgeable persons that grace this site. If you do, more than likely, they will be able to help you arrive at a logical conclusion as to your problem (i.e. Vegas bug, software conflict, hardware conflict, user error, etc.).

Andrew Lenczycki

Return to posts index

Philippe Orlando
on Sep 30, 2014 at 2:06:28 pm

I strongly disagree. This error has been identified more than a year ago. It's a huge, known problem. You will realize that by just googling my original sentence, copied from Vegas error box, that I posted in my first post here.

In any case. It's fixed. I removed some windows updates. Added others. Kept playing. Now some updates keep windows from loading, I mean starting Vegas. Some keep it from rendering. Some do both. I spent a huge amount of time installing, deleting, checking, trying, retrying, deleting, reinstalling windows updates until it worked. Now it's working, but I do have my doubt about either Vegas or Microsoft.

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
on Sep 30, 2014 at 2:47:55 pm

I usually don't respond to rants, but since you did ask a simple question, I'll provide the answer.

"What do you mean "does the temp file already exist"?"

The error message you got was from Windows. Vegas, or more likely a codec requested a file open from Windows and Windows replied, "I can't do that, Dave". Windows didn't tell why it failed which is why you got the "An error occured while creating the media file. Exception thrown by method called".

If you had recently rendered the same project but aborted it before finishing, then you could have some lingering temp files that weren't properly closed. Vegas is pretty good about cleaning up after itself, but Sony does not write the drivers and codecs used in a render.

I am always amazed by the number of people who expect a software upgrade to fix their PC, then complain when it doesn't.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

Philippe Orlando
on Sep 30, 2014 at 3:24:45 pm

I usually don't either.

It's not one particular project that couldnt' be rendered. Nothing could be rendered. Even stuff that had never been imported into Vegas. Anyway, as I said, I fixed it.

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Sep 30, 2014 at 5:24:49 pm

As you said, you fixed it, and it did not require a single update to Vegas as far as I could tell. I guess that whatever was going on in your machine has not been encountered by anyone of this forum.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Oct 1, 2014 at 2:29:51 am

Yes, You fixed it!

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>