FORUMS: list search recent posts

Movie Studio Platinum 12 Render issue - freezing video on output file

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Spencer Mullen
Movie Studio Platinum 12 Render issue - freezing video on output file
on Sep 25, 2014 at 6:26:20 am

Hello, new to these boards, but have a really bizzare problem, that I cannot track down an answer to. Sony support is awful, and has not replied to any of my emails in well over a month, so I'm hoping you fine folks can point me in the right direction.

Rendering Sony AVCHD of a video captured with both the Blackmagic Intensity, as well as Hauppage HDPVR (same issue with both captures) It renders just fine, no errors. I go to play back the file, this occurs in both Windows Media Player, and VLC, ruling out the player, I cannot get past maybe 5-15 minutes (3 hour video) before the video stops, but the audio keeps going, no freezing, just the video simply stops playing. If I scrub the timeline on VLC, I get green lines, and what looks like video hash. The problem only occurs at anything over 15mbps bitrate.

Here is what I have done and what I have ruled out using my logic
-Multiple capture sources, eliminating the capture source
-Multiple playback devices, eliminating software, and using the robust VLC
-Disabled GPU accelerated rendering
-Updated GPU drivers, and re attempting the render

I cannot use any other format, as I am encoding Dolby AC3 audio, and this seems to be the only format in MS12 that supports Dolby from what I can tell, without compromising video quality something fierce. Quality of the video is utmost importance with this, and I'd like to render at 20mbps ideally, but cannot get over 15.

Anything else I can try before I pay for a "one time use sony support ticket" which is not a good way to encourage people to not pirate, what do I get from buying the software legally? nothing except feeling good about myself!

Thanks to all that reply!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]