FORUMS: list search recent posts

BCC 3D Motion Tracking "Boom Box effect"

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Iori John
BCC 3D Motion Tracking "Boom Box effect"
on Sep 23, 2014 at 8:24:02 am

So I've been working with Sony Vegas for a little while, trying new things. Point of the matter happens to be the fact that I have created a cube of video tracks using motion parenting, and want to have each side move out and expand in accordance to how loud the music is. I know Beat Reactor is going to factor in there, and suppose I'm willing to manually edit the "expanding part" as long as the Beat Reactor generates the key frames. But I don't exactly know how to do it, and can't find anything pointing me in the right direction.

If you have any advice on this, it would be gladly appreciated.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: BCC 3D Motion Tracking "Boom Box effect"
on Sep 23, 2014 at 7:46:37 pm

[Iori John] "I know Beat Reactor is going to factor in there, and suppose I'm willing to manually edit the "expanding part" as long as the Beat Reactor generates the key frames. But I don't exactly know how to do it, and can't find anything pointing me in the right direction. "
I can point you in the right direction... it's not going to happen using keyframes. Unlike in other hosts, the Beat Reactor is not a stand alone plug-in for Sony Vegas Pro so it only works in conjunction with the other BCC Plug-ins that have the Beat Reactor enabled. This means there is no way to generate keyframes in Vegas Pro from the Beat Reactor data.

You're best approach is to forget about 3D Track Motion. Place BCC DVE Basic on the events, move them into a cube position, and use the Beat Reactor that's built into DVE Basic to modify the Scale X, Scale Y, Tumble Spin, and Rotate (sorry no Z Position which is probably what you want).

My Boris TV Episode on the Beat Ractor should help to get you started:

Hope that helps.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]