FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best render format from one project to another...

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Francis
Best render format from one project to another...
on Sep 22, 2014 at 2:57:58 am

Hey All,

I am working on two projects that I need to render out sections for to put into another timeline for the final DVD. Nesting is NOT an option, but I want to loose as little detail as possible but still be able to view at Best/Full in my final timeline. What format is best to do this to?

My original project is 1080p 29.97, (using MP4's) and I want to render out to that resolution as well (but not mp4s)

I will then be rendering the final timeline to both HD and DVD formats...

MXF, AVI, something else?

Any help is appreciated....

Xavier (Scott) Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Best render format from one project to another...
on Sep 22, 2014 at 3:41:55 am
Last Edited By Norman Black on Sep 22, 2014 at 3:48:24 am

You never mentioned what your source media is. MP4 does not tell us anything. A MediaInfo report would be good. The higher quality the source is, codec+bitrate, the better intermediate you will want to preserve MAX quality.

Sony MXF HD422, Sony MXF HD EX 35Mbps, or XDCAM EX 35Mbps MP4 are all high quality and about the easiest to edit. They are MPEG-2 formats.

XAVC Intra will be very high quality, but harder to decode than the above. XAVC-S will be very high quality with similar decode performance to XAVC Intra.

Going outside native Vegas codecs.

Cineform is very nice. It is free if you install the free GoPro studio software. You don't have to use the software. It installs Video for Windows (AVI) and Quicktime codecs. Best to use the AVI variant here. This would be like XAVC Intra with some higher quality modes available. Probably easier to edit than XAVC Intra.

Quicktime DNxHD is nice and free. This would be like XAVC Intra with some higher quality modes.

Quicktime PNG or Motion Jpeg might work for you as well.

Only you can test playback performance on your machine. Render a test and check it out.

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Sep 22, 2014 at 5:13:22 am

Thanks Norm.... I will check those out. There are mixed media files, 3 different formats, so that is why I wanted to know a general export format..

Appreciate it!!!

Xavier (Scott) Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Sep 22, 2014 at 11:54:24 am

[Norman Black] "Sony MXF HD422, Sony MXF HD EX 35Mbps, or XDCAM EX 35Mbps MP4 are all high quality and about the easiest to edit. They are MPEG-2 formats."
I agree with Norman. Sony MXF is a very good format to use and if you think 35Mbps isn't enough go for 50Mbps but I don't think you will see any loss even at 35Mbps (that's what I would use).

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Jane Kong
on Dec 31, 2014 at 1:45:41 am

xavc is good and much higher video quality. But it may hard for you to deal with them if you want to load into your premiere.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]