FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't Render iPad/iPhone video in Vegas 11

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Smith
Can't Render iPad/iPhone video in Vegas 11
on Sep 17, 2014 at 9:22:59 pm

I have a short 5 min video that I am not able to render to iPad/iPhone format using Vegas Pro 11. Video filmed in AVCHD (.mts)tried to render and wouldn't work. So rendered it to an AVI file and tried and it doen't work. Used Main Concept AVC/AAC (*MP4), Apple iPod 640X480 video it starts to render then stops with message "An error occurred while creating the media file the reason for the error could not be determined". I've experienced this several times and end up creating an AVI file and then rendering it to the same in my Vegas 10 where it renders without any problems. Anything I could do differently to make it in Vegas 11 so I don't have to go through that other step?

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Can't Render iPad/iPhone video in Vegas 11
on Sep 18, 2014 at 12:34:52 am

I would say continue to render it in Vegas 10, until you are ready
to upgrade to Vegas 13 or 14. Vegas 11 was a problem riddled version.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Jane Kong
on Dec 17, 2014 at 3:54:02 am

or you can convert your videos came for your iphone/ipad then reload them into your Sony Vegas.what is the foramt came from your iphone/ipad?

Return to posts index

Don Smith
on Dec 17, 2014 at 2:18:52 pm

The video that comes from iPad/iPhone is shown as Quicktime Movie (.mov). I have discovered that it is really hard to edit these in Vegas unless you just have a few short clips. I have made several videos using iPad/iPhone video and if you have more than 10 minutes or so of them, Vegas just can't seem to handle them. I have had to render small sections of the .mov files to AVI files and then load them into Vegas to be able to edit and work with them. It would be nice to just be able to load all those iPad/iPhone files on the timeline and then do your edits and render it to mpeg2 for a DVD, but I always have to render them to AVI first and edit that since too many of the .mov files just crashes Vegas

Return to posts index

Jane Kong
on Dec 18, 2014 at 3:27:39 am

It's ture that Sony Vegas will crash a lot .But the mov should be natively supported just like the avi, wired...maybe is about the inner codec of the mov. Since mov is a kinda of "Container" folder.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]