FORUMS: list search recent posts

How was this simple flash effect created please anyone

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jenny gold
How was this simple flash effect created please anyone
on Sep 17, 2014 at 7:00:38 pm
Last Edited By jenny gold on Sep 17, 2014 at 8:53:49 pm

I want to create a very similar flash effect to a video clip as in the link below which you can see what I meant at 3min .52 in that white yellow flash

Is this a transition effect as it seems no cross fade was used while he was talking and the flash just appeared How was this effect done please likely

I am new to this I use vegas pro 13 have all new blue plugin as well

No cross fade used fir him a BUT just a flash simply appear as he did it was the color and angle I liked.

Jenny gold

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: How was this simple flash effect created please anyone
on Sep 17, 2014 at 7:39:49 pm

I does appear to be a transition. The speakers hands are in a different spot before/after the flash.

For a transition, try the Vegas Flash transition. Soft Flash preset should be good.

Without a transition, then simply keyframing the Brightness and contrast effect on the brightness control should do the trick. First keyframe would be no brightness change, the middle keyframe would be brightness 1.0, and the last would be brightness back to no change. About a half second between each keyframe should be close to the effect.

Return to posts index

jenny gold
on Sep 17, 2014 at 9:01:17 pm

Thanks Norman was hoping be a little more easier then involving key frames Hmmm, I noticed the flash in his is specifically done to be only over his face neck area rather then the entire flash lighting up all the video almost like a lens flash flare.

Jenny gold

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Sep 17, 2014 at 10:32:26 pm

No keyframing necessary if you are doing a flash transition like in the example Youtube video. Otherwise keyframes are necessary since a video effect does not change its visual effect without keyframes.

The flash in this example video goes over the entire frame. It is only full white for a single frame. I downloaded (YTD Downloader) and advanced the video frame by frame to determine this.

Watching the example, it appears to be a simple brightness bloom/clipping. It seems to only be in the face and neck because of the speed of the transition. The brightest areas clip out first and thus stay clipped the longest and that is what you are noticing. The longest period of blooming is the bright white window/light over his shoulder. It is already near pure white already.

As for effects. Brightness, levels, exposure (color corrector effect) can all be used to get a result like this. Each will look slightly different depending on what your taste prefers.

Return to posts index

john bolton
on Sep 18, 2014 at 9:01:51 am

Hi Jenny.... As Norman says there are a few ways to do something like this. I did a quick 5 mins just with the keyframes and brightness + a bit of contrast to maybe give you some ideas. In this clip I did 2 flashes and then the last flash is the original one..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gddksdhqhnt0cuh/text.zip?dl=0

The Veg file + media and the final render is here

Return to posts index

john bolton
on Sep 18, 2014 at 12:21:36 pm

The other thing to remember is that this media has a window in it which is brighter than the rest of the image so that is what is given the effect, whereas if you have got balanced media then I guess this will not work for that. I was just trying to work out how it was done with this particular media...

Return to posts index

jenny gold
on Sep 20, 2014 at 9:27:17 pm

Thanks John for this and Norman.
Yes I think the window behind him creates that illusion of the light flash effect when it goes off mostly being on him.

As you said frame by frame one can see more to it and it clearly does spreads out but very fast. I opened up your veg file John and I copied and applied the clip attributes to my own clip and very different end result talk to camera on our one i.e. the entire clip noticeable gets brighter not specific to mostly head like his ..... due to no window used that he was right behind - hence different look and end result he got!
Useful learning curve though as Norman said it really a simple white flash transition /effect.

Many thanks guys.

Jenny gold

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]