FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem tying to reverse clips in Sony Vegas Pro 11

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert James
Problem tying to reverse clips in Sony Vegas Pro 11
on Sep 15, 2014 at 5:04:49 pm

When I try reverse clips in Sony Vegas by right clicking on the clip and selecting reverse or
using the velocity envelope I either get choppy and or freezing of the clip or whole video I'm editing (right click method) Or, after reversing a part of the video plays that was not in the clip I was trying to reverse. The reversed clips cause the same problem while editing and after rendering.

I usually don't have this problem. It has only happened with three projects. There must be something about the video clips. What could cause this and is there a way to fix it?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Problem tying to reverse clips in Sony Vegas Pro 11
on Sep 15, 2014 at 5:07:26 pm

Render to a Digital Intermediate.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
on Sep 16, 2014 at 4:40:27 am

Grazie is correct.
The problem with reversing a GOP format, as most of our work is, is that compression is forward-looking. You start with an I-frame followed by some P-frames which only need to hold the differences from the most recent I-frame. When you play it backwards, the program has to look for the next prior I-frame, build complete frames in memory that haven't yet been played, then jump back another I-frame and start over. Quite a lot of computing there and most PC's can't keep up with it, so reversed video preview can be choppy.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Sep 16, 2014 at 10:00:20 am

[Stephen Mann] "Grazie is correct."
But now I know WHY I was correct! Steve, thanks for the fulsome explanation - I really really didn't have a clue. What I DO know is that if Media is misbehaving, bash it with a DI.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]