FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I record live/realtime keyframe automation for video effects (not track envelopes) in Vegas Pro 12? What am I overlooking?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tor Wong
How do I record live/realtime keyframe automation for video effects (not track envelopes) in Vegas Pro 12? What am I overlooking?
on Sep 11, 2014 at 8:10:59 pm

OK, this is very odd... in earlier versions of Vegas, I'd accidentally record automation in realtime and watch all the little diamond keyframe icons appear on a track. Now, I'm trying to deliberately make that happen and I can't!

I want to be able to drag a control and generate new video effect keyframes LIVE (not in step-editing mode).

I am able to enable Automation as usual by clicking the little gear icon, and I can certainly record Level % changes and other video envelopes as expected by moving the respective slider.

However, when I add a track video effect, the same method does NOT work from the Video Track FX window. Or as a Video Event FX. At most, it places a keyframe where the cursor is in the media timeline, and that's all. So I'm stumped at why this isn't functional. I am trying to make this work with the simple, built-in Black and White effect (and I've tried others but they've also failed).

Also, animate is ON for "Blend amount" or whatever parameter I'm trying to automate.

I have reviewed the help documentation and not found a crucial step that I haven't done.

Is there an option I'm missing? I'd be very grateful to solve this mystery.

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: How do I record live/realtime keyframe automation for video effects (not track envelopes) in Vegas Pro 12? What am I overlooking?
on Sep 11, 2014 at 9:20:56 pm

I'll be interested in hearing what others might have to say, but I don't think it can be done on video effects.

AFAIK only video and audio track envelopes support this and audio effects can support automation but not video effects.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]