FORUMS: list search recent posts

Monitor recommendation under $200

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angelo Mike
Monitor recommendation under $200
on Sep 10, 2014 at 1:02:13 pm
Last Edited By Angelo Mike on Sep 10, 2014 at 1:09:57 pm

My ~8 year old Envision G19LWk monitor is ok but horrible at displaying skin tones and blacks. Blacks look like some kind of photo negative. And it's got a 1440x1080 resolution. It's hard to believe I've been editing on this for the last five years.

Is there a decent monitor under $200? Maybe I could push for $300 if it was recommended strongly and was something I could use for a long time. And I can't think about getting a second monitor though I really want one.

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: Monitor recommendation under $200
on Sep 10, 2014 at 2:32:52 pm

Are you using hardware like the Spyder Pro to calibrate your monitor? That will be needed for any monitor, and it may extend the life of your current one.

Return to posts index

Angelo Mike
on Sep 10, 2014 at 6:47:52 pm

No, but I wonder if there's a way to do a trial run of that without actually buying it. I think my monitor may just be deficient in displaying blacks. How else do you explain blacks shining like they're a photo negative, like an invert plugin has been used on them? I guess I'll need it anyways and may as well try it out on this monitor.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Sep 12, 2014 at 11:13:22 am

[Angelo Mike] "No, but I wonder if there's a way to do a trial run of that without actually buying it."
It's a piece of hardware so there is no trial.
[Angelo Mike] "Is there a decent monitor under $200? Maybe I could push for $300 if it was recommended strongly and was something I could use for a long time."
My two ASUS ProArt PA246Q's cost me $500 each at the time but they are accurate right from the factory. You can pick up an ASUS PA248Q 24" LED Backlit IPS Widescreen Monitor for $291.23 USD at B&H Photo. That's on the $300 side but worth every penny.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Angelo Mike
on Sep 12, 2014 at 1:16:13 pm

Thanks, John. I'll consider that strongly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]