FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing in Vegas with disability?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Bissell
Editing in Vegas with disability?
on Sep 8, 2014 at 11:37:45 pm

I'm posting this in both the regular Vegas forum and the beginning forum...

I am in Occupational Therapy and also getting a certification in Assistive Technology. I'm putting together a simple resource website to provide free information, especially about ways for creative-types to still produce creative content after they've had an acquired disability (through injury, degenerative disease, etc.)

I'm posting here to ask if anyone has any experience with this.

Right now, I'm making up a basic document to explain how to use keyboard shortcuts (primarily) to operate Vegas editing software without a mouse. (Most such users would enable Mouse Keys on their PC)

Any ideas or experience in this area you might offer would be much appreciated!

Thanks for any help and keep creating!

Charlie

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Editing in Vegas with disability?
on Sep 9, 2014 at 2:27:46 am

Charlie, I applaud your initiative.

OK, please consider "other" ways of accessing Vega Pro controls, other than the KB. I use heavily the CONTROL SHUTTLE PRO (CSP) and a GRAPHICS TABLET. The CSP has a system of assignable BIG buttons that I could see being of use. Also, there are track ball devices, which I'm sure you are aware of.

A most valuable and life-enhancing project. Providing methods to allow all of us to continue being creative can only be applauded. Keep in touch.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
on Sep 9, 2014 at 2:40:52 am

My wife is an Occupational Therapist.

Return to posts index

Ric Moxley
on Sep 9, 2014 at 2:37:00 pm

i think i may have erred in trying to respond to this post with an attachment -- a document with Vegas keyboard shortcuts. I think it may have posted to the top level of the board, rather than as a reply to this, so look for it at the top level. I'm a one-handed typist, due to right hand paralysis, and really appreciate how much you can indeed do with keyboard shortcuts in Vegas to minimize mouse usage. The doc i uploaded lists them.

Return to posts index

Angelo Mike
on Sep 9, 2014 at 3:33:08 pm

Great project idea. I don't have any answers, but I'm guessing you would want to look at how other computer programs that are made to be accessible by people with disabilities operate and take cues from that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]