FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to I open Sony Vegas without loading plugins?!!!

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Mills
How to I open Sony Vegas without loading plugins?!!!
on Sep 8, 2014 at 8:53:51 pm

I can't get Sony Vegas 11 to open because when it's loading a 3rd party plug-in (FM8 from Native instruments) I get an FM8 error.

d:\bamboo-build\fm8-mba-buildpc\nilibs\gp\src\Common/Init_GP.cpp:70

They don't seem to know the answer to this. I'm thinking if I could just get my Vegas program open (without loading the plugins) I could then go into it's preferences and disable it in the VST folder section.
I'm afraid to move the Native instruments or FM8 folder (or .dll) to another location while it scans for plugins but I don't want to mess up anything any of the NI paths or plugins. They seem to be pretty set on not doing that.

Any help regarding this matter?

There's GOT to be a way to open Vegas while bypassing loading the plugins isn't there? I think I was able to do this with Sound Forge once but I don't remember

Please advise and thanks.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: How to I open Sony Vegas without loading plugins?!!!
on Sep 9, 2014 at 2:09:32 am

I've used the Factory Reset procedure. NB, realise you WILL loose all your previous settings:

Hold CTRL + SHIFT then click on VEGAS.

OK, what I get is a stripped, bare-boards session of VP. I then rebuild VP the way I want. Yes it's a PITA, but knowing my way around VP I can normal reset to my wishes within 15 minutes. And yes, I get an option to RESCAN my VSTs Folders.

To answer your specific request, I don't know of a way to hold back the loading of VSTs during a VP openning.

HTH

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Stephen Mills
Re: How to I open Sony Vegas without loading plugins?!!!
on Sep 9, 2014 at 4:47:59 am

Thanks for your response. I recall doing something like that with Sound Forge when I couldn't get it to open but I had forgotten the keyboard commands.

I did get it to work however by paying close attention of what plugins Vegas was initializing upon start-up (there at the bottom of the Vegas startup screen) when it was scanning so I was able to see what .dlls it was stuck on. I moved them temporarily outside of the VST folder and got it to open.

Once opened I created a new folder called "VST Plugins VEGAS" and set the VST effects path in Vegas preferences pointing to that since I don't really need Native Instruments plugins in Vegas.

But thanks for the info on that regarding the "Hold CTRL + SHIFT then click on VEGAS"
I'll refer to this this if I run into it again. :--)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]