FORUMS: list search recent posts

MainConcept AVC Render Times/Settings

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Fenwick
MainConcept AVC Render Times/Settings
on Sep 8, 2014 at 2:09:14 pm

I have noticed a few things when I attempt to render with MainConcept AVC, one of which is it takes around 2 hours to render about 40 minutes, however the unusual thing is, the time is the same whether using Two-pass or not. Which seems on.
Specs of PC: i7-3770k 4.3ghz
GPU: GTX 680 2GB

Render Settings:

The video files use small colour correction settings, but thats pretty much it. The video will uploaded onto youtube, is there any changes you feel could be made? Whether my render settings are poor, or should be a different format.

Return to posts index

Adam Fenwick
Re: MainConcept AVC Render Times/Settings
on Sep 8, 2014 at 3:12:40 pm

Two-Pass I dont think will be essential for game related videos, but at a small length I feel it can be of use. However with this being a long video it might not be worth it.
Not sure how you feel about the settings, as I just tried to render it again, and it was going to take 4 hours, which seems quite large for my specs.

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
on Sep 8, 2014 at 3:18:22 pm

If you're playing with video game capture, you'll probably want to keep the two-pass option enabled. If not, fast-paced gaming scenes may not look too good.

Dave

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
on Sep 8, 2014 at 3:15:39 pm

I pretty much use the same exact settings except my bit rates are higher. How did you acquire the footage? What types of files are you working with in your project, and what codecs & data rates are those files?

If you're looking to decrease your render times, not much you can really do. You have to weigh the final render quality /vs/ render time. Personally, I always lean towards the quality side.

Dave

Return to posts index

Adam Fenwick
on Sep 8, 2014 at 5:49:28 pm

Using DXtory with Lagarith Lossless Codec, original file size is 102GB However I trim about 10 minutes off that.
Render times werent as problematic with using Adobe Premiere.
I am curious as to how the use of Handbrake could effect the final file size? Worth using? Or is the quality change actually noticeable?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]