FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas 12 not responding with unmanned exception 0xc00000fd

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
T.s. Chauhan
Sony Vegas 12 not responding with unmanned exception 0xc00000fd
on Sep 7, 2014 at 1:02:40 pm

Hello,
I need your kind help.Sony Vegas pro 12 770 built is giving this message when loading,it used to stop at 75% and now it stops at 21% while loading for the last 4 days.Here is the description for your kind consideration please: Problem Description Application Name: Vegas Pro Application Version: Version 12.0 (Build 770) 64-bit Problem: Unmanaged Exception (0xc00000fd) Fault Module: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender\Active Virus Control\Avc3_00251_012\avcuf32.dll Fault Address: 0x000000006F669919 Fault Offset: 0x0000000000009919 Fault Process Details Process Path: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 12.0\x86\FileIOSurrogate.exe Process Version: Version 12.0 (Build 770) Process Description: File I/O surrogate (not visible) Process Image Date: 2013-11-20 (Wed Nov 20) 11:14:02

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Sony Vegas 12 not responding with unmanned exception 0xc00000fd
on Sep 7, 2014 at 4:05:19 pm

Disable every single antivirus/protection etc you have running on your
system, then start Vegas. If it starts ok, you can now pinpoint exactly
whats causing your issue.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

T.s. Chauhan
Re: Sony Vegas 12 not responding with unmanned exception 0xc00000fd and FileIOSurrogate.exe not visible
on Sep 7, 2014 at 4:31:26 pm
Last Edited By T.s. Chauhan on Sep 7, 2014 at 6:55:09 pm

Thanks very much for the reply.While going through the relevant remedies searched on internet,I came across a thread on Sony's site,they had suggested to UN install quicktime,Vegas has started to load but taking very long time & has become very slow,after removing quicktime.
Now shall I disable antivirus and try this further with this method?
One important thing is that,this 'not responding' error is happening with one particular project only, some of the others are opening very quickly as usual.On this particular project/file I am facing irritating error.Kindly help.

Thanks & Best Regards.

Return to posts index

Tyson Onaga
Re: Sony Vegas 12 not responding with unmanned exception 0xc00000fd and FileIOSurrogate.exe not visible
on Sep 7, 2014 at 9:53:43 pm

> error is happening with one particular project only

More than likely, you probably have either:
1. a corrupt .veg
2. a media file who's codec is mucked up
3. a media file that's on a bad portion of the disk (resulting in an I/O error)

You could:
a. make a copy of the .veg
b. move all the media to a different directory(s) (assuming you know which ones they are without opening the .veg)

Open the .veg, if you don't get a crash you should get the familiar "Vegas can't find the blah blah blah ..." dialog. Try to add each media back one at a time and see if Vegas crashes on a particular file.

Return to posts index

T.s. Chauhan
on Sep 7, 2014 at 10:28:47 pm

Thanks, Ok, now I will do that and hope it works.

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
on Sep 7, 2014 at 11:08:49 pm

+100 on what Steve stated. The error message is pretty straightforward in that your BitDefender software is stopping Vegas Pro from running. If you're loading a specific project, BitDefender might be 'blocking' one of the files in that project/bin/timeline.

Dave

Return to posts index

T.s. Chauhan
on Sep 8, 2014 at 12:05:36 am

Thank you, but its not that easy for me to distinguish between those files,Bitdefender has started misbehaving with,it seems as if Bitdefender is suspecting FileIOSurrogate.exe as malware or virus.I don't know what is the exact cause.
Now one new update is, that,after Un installing quicktime, Vegas took longer time but it opened/loaded that particular project, one pop-up said that,quicktime is not installed,do it, and one .MOV file...can't be opened and specify a new location. When the location was specified/shown, it said Vegas has stopped working, do you want to send the report. I cut it.Then again it was clicked to open the same project immediately,this time,I did't specify the new location,but opted skip this error and leave all same errors offline. Then Vegas took quite long time but loaded that project. Now sometimes its crashing and working.How to deal with this further.Although I have started rendering the work done on its timeline and thinking of opening a fresh project of old media(same files) with new name or what?
Thanks & regards.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]