FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Pro 13 Video Card Woes

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Dekle
Sony Vegas Pro 13 Video Card Woes
on Sep 3, 2014 at 9:27:48 pm

I know there is a logical way for me to diagnose the instability issues I have when trying to use GPU acceleration with Vegas Pro 13.

I have had GPU acceleration work fine on 12 then upgraded to 13 and have had enough problems with the GPU acceleration on that I've simply had to disable the feature. With GPU disabled, Vegas almost never has a problem, turn it on and crashes are all but guaranteed.

These problems show up when editing and rendering. Sometimes, not in editing but then rendering crashes.

I am pretty sure the problems are related to my video drivers but am unsure. Possibly, they involve plugins since I use Boris BCC 9 and one or two others. Unfortunately, I don't have the technical savvy to figure out a step by step approach to isolate and fix whatever is causing the problems.

Since I know you guys are experts and I've just been blundering my way through shooting and video editing for a scant 4 years, maybe one of you can suggest the best way to get to the bottom of this and get video acceleration working again.

For what it's worth, I'm running I-7 Intel 2.67Ghz processor with 18gb memory under I-7 Windows using an AMD Radeon HD6850 video card.

Any help would be very much welcome.

Return to posts index

Dave Osbun
Re: Sony Vegas Pro 13 Video Card Woes
on Sep 4, 2014 at 1:04:21 am

I would first download the latest Radeon drivers, even if you already have them installed. Save the executable but do not install yet.

Go into the Windows Device Manager, Hardware tab. Find your ATI video card (under Graphics Adapters usually), right-click and choose 'uninstall'. Then reboot the computer.

Upon reboot, the system will say 'Found New Hardware'. I usually cancel out of this screen and navigate to where I saved the latest video driver executable. When the driver install finishes, restart the system.

This will give you a clean driver install, in case another program tweaked the driver to your disadvantage.

Let us know if this makes VP13 more stable.

Dave

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Sep 4, 2014 at 1:38:06 pm

Download and installing the newest Drivers is the very first thing
to always do, as Dave has recommended you do...

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Sep 5, 2014 at 5:57:09 pm

Any luck?

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.