FORUMS: list search recent posts

FFMPEG Screen Capturer- Sony Vegas Problems

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ciaran Mc Ilhatton
FFMPEG Screen Capturer- Sony Vegas Problems
on Sep 2, 2014 at 2:30:58 pm

Hi, 1st time poster here.

I'm using a directshow device in FFMPEG to do screen capture of an app emulator. Found here https://github.com/rdp/screen-capture-recorder-to-video-windows-free

It works great and the files play back in VLC no problem, but when I bring them into Sony Vegas they show up as black screens.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is here?

You can download the file here to test https://www.dropbox.com/s/0qlmbrejroq676o/testcapture.mp4?dl=0

Thanks

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: FFMPEG Screen Capturer- Sony Vegas Problems
on Sep 2, 2014 at 4:48:59 pm

That file is using the High 4:4:4 profile. The Vegas decoder may not support that encoding profile. Try an encoding setting with a 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 profile.

Return to posts index

Ciaran Mc Ilhatton
on Sep 2, 2014 at 5:07:31 pm

Thanks for the advice!

You're right, including the parameter -pix_fmt yuv420p worked and the videos now play in vegas!
The 4:2:2 setting -pix_fmt yuv422p however shows a green screen but no matter!

Cheers again

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Sep 2, 2014 at 9:19:53 pm

The Vegas AVC decoder for MP4 files probably does not support 4:2:2. I know Vegas does support 422 in the XAVC MXF file format.

I know it sounds a little silly, and it is, but Vegas has unique decoders for each container format. So MXF and MP4 are different, event though AVC is always AVC. The MXF one, because it supports XAVC, also supports more profiles.

One AVC decoder for all is best and this is what VLC and other media players do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]