FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clips will not reverse

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert James
Clips will not reverse
on Sep 2, 2014 at 9:45:17 am

I have Sony Vegas 11. I make loop videos using clips that repeat with every other clip in reverse. For a few video projects the clips will not reverse in the timeline in Sony Vegas. All the clips are cut from larger clips or videos.
The frame rate will stutter throughout or stutter and then the whole video will freeze, usually at the point where the reverse clip is in the video. The same will happen after rendering. After rendering one of the videos to a different format it played smoothly on the regular (forward) clips but froze only on the reversed clips. And it froze on a frame that was not seen in the regular (forward) clip. Here are the formats I started with and rendered to: .mp4 screen recording & DVD rip to m2ts, .mpg screen recording to .avi - mp4 internet download to .avi (same video), .wmv screen recording to .wmv - .wmv screen recording to .mpg - .mpg internet download to .avi - .mp4 internet download to .avi (same video)

All the full original videos from which the clips are cut play smoothly both outside of Sony Vegas and imported, except one that only stutters once added to the timeline at the same time with the finished video. Only one full original video will play smoothly forward and reverse. All clips start having problems once edited, cut, reversed and/or rendered with the full video project.

Why is this and how do I fix the problem so the clips will play in reverse without stuttering and freezing the video?

Sorry if this is confusing.

Robert

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Clips will not reverse
on Sep 2, 2014 at 11:44:56 am

There are two methods for reversing an event on the timeline, right
click on the event and select reverse and Using the Velocity Envelope.
Which are you using?.... Restart your system and try the other method and see.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Robert James
Re: Clips will not reverse
on Sep 13, 2014 at 2:09:49 am

I used the right click method but it doesn't work as it normally would. The clip either freezes, plays choppy or makes the whole video freeze or play choppy. If I undo the reverse effect the clip plays without problems. I also tried the velocity envelope method and it just reverses a different part of the video which was not in the clip.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]